lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Regen !

As some of you have read. I have a 1996 48 volt club car regen !.
All I can find about this cart, IS bad.
Now for my question. If I want to, can I just remove all of the wiring and make the cart run Just like I have done with some old resistor carts.
Now the obc was bad. So I got a new DPI stand alone charger.
I can't make the solenoid click normal, So I jump the solenoid and the cart will still not run. (should it????)
That's about all I know about club cars. Don't know for sure how the controller works in the control circuit, If It does. I also don't know if the regen motor will work. if I can remove the regen part. Not sure how this work either.

Got a lot of unanswered question. But right now I have one big red junk pile.
Just need direction.
Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Regen !

Your main solenoid (not the Regen one) should click every time you turn the key on/off. I sent you a Private Message with a link to the full '96 CC manual (incl Regen 1) - that should help. I can't help you convert it to something else, because my '96 Regen is still running fine as original.

There is a fuse on your main solenoid (you'll see it in the manual). That would be the first thing to check. When you are done downloading the manual - let me know and I'll remove it from my FTP server.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply and manual.

My cart only has one solenoid. But it does have a fuse. Shouldn't the cart run with the solenoid jumped???

Thanks for your help.
Sonny
Old 08-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

There is a lot of magic that goes on inside that particular Black GE controller - I'm not sure if just jumping the solenoid will make it run or not. Because it is also interconnected with the OBC, I suspect just jumping the solenoid may not make it run.

First - when you ran the black lead from your charger plug to the main negative post of your battery (to use the standalone charger) - you didn't unhook any other wires or remove the grey wire or fuse from behind the charger socket - right?

Second - if you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that someone removed the second (regen) solenoid - you should see two green & two white wires joined together where the solenoid used to be? If they are, you need to make sure that the pigtail wire from your motor has been unplugged also. That probably won't make it run or not - but your regen would be severe if the pigtail wire wasn't unhooked.

Third - the easiest thing to check - make sure the wires on your keyswitch aren't loose or disconnected.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I see in another thread you have a upgraded (silver) controller. I have no experience with one of those so feel free to disregard anything I suggested (except the key switch).
Old 08-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I did the only thing I could do SOLD It.

Thanks for the help.

I'll close this thread.
Still don't know how to do It for real.
Sonny
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car