lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
wtibbets
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Replaced MCOR and now runs slow

My 2008 Electric Club Car was jerky when driving, meaning with the gas pedal pressed down all the way, it would speed up and slow down on its own. I replaced the MCOR and it runs smooth now, but fastest speed now is only about 50% of what it was when running correctly. Any suggestions?
wtibbets is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replaced MCOR and now runs slow

to BGW

Where did you buy the new MCOR?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
wtibbets
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ordered off Amazon. I am a new to golf carts so first time ever ordering something in order to repair. I have read many threads about other stuff so seems like it may be easy to buy from unreputable sellers. I bought off Amazon, details are...

$40.00
9.99 World Mall

Nivel# 9479
Fits 2004-2011 Club Car DS golf carts
Replaces OEM# 1021011-01
Electric (MCOR) potentiometer

We are a professional manufacturer for golf cart refit parts and upgrade accessories, with rich production experience. We are committed to providing high-quality products for customers through standardized production processes, total quality management and customer services.
wtibbets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:17 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You may have a faulty speed sensor and you are in Limp mode. (50% speed)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Try manually rolling the cart forwards and backwards and see if you get resistance and hear the beeping.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 09:24 AM   #6
vettehead45
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Replaced MCOR and speed sensor still runs slow

Ok just looking for a little technical advice if possible Iv replaced speed sensor and magnet as well as the MCOR and have also pulled the motor it had three out of four brushes that were stuck in the brush hoods. before I started working on the cart it would barely move very jerky. usually that indicates a potential brush issue, now the cart runs nice and smooth but only at about 10 mph and every once in a while it will speed up and run for a few seconds like it should.. so I am contemplating removing the motor again to check and make sure all the brushes are nice and free.. I have not replaced the solonoid as it does not drop out at all and the cart does motor brake fine in forward and reverse..
Im thinking it could have a bad controller keeping it in limp mode… I am open to any input.. Batteries are brand new so iI know thats a none issue.
Thanks in advance.
vettehead45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:13 AM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Do you have an aftermarket controller (Alltrax/Navitas) that you can monitor what's going on? I had similar problem, bought a new MCOR and it worked better but still would "cut out" or studder on occasion. Bought another MCor and it has run fine since. The MCOR are commonly bad/cheap.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mcor, slow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car