lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent light kit - hard install?

Thanks. So it is prewired sort of? Where are the business ends of the wires? Are they already behind the panel where the switch is or in the battery compartment somewhere?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

08 and above are not pre-wired except on gas models.... 04-07 are prewired for brake lights and taillights. The harness for the headlight, horn, and behind the dash are included in the light kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #13
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

So the pre-wired wires for the tail lights lead to where? I mean, I get that there should be wires to plug the lights into at the back but what needs to happen to then link them to the switch and to power? Where are the other ends of those wires in a pre-wired cart in other words? The kit I ordered has the front light bar and 2 LED tail lights and "everything needed for installation".

When I look under the seat, I see a red wire coming off the positive terminal of one battery that leads to nothing on the driver's side of the cart and then a blue wire doing the same thing on the passenger side. What are these for?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedClub View Post
So the pre-wired wires for the tail lights lead to where? I mean, I get that there should be wires to plug the lights into at the back but what needs to happen to then link them to the switch and to power? Where are the other ends of those wires in a pre-wired cart in other words? The kit I ordered has the front light bar and 2 LED tail lights and "everything needed for installation".

When I look under the seat, I see a red wire coming off the positive terminal of one battery that leads to nothing on the driver's side of the cart and then a blue wire doing the same thing on the passenger side. What are these for?
The wire harness for the tail/brake lights runs all the way up behind your dash. You'll see an empty plug there. The factory light kit comes with another small harness that plugs into that and will run to your switch, relay, and headlight/horn combo. The wires on the batteries that you're referring to are to provide power to the light harness. The red wire is used if you're running a 48 to 12V DC converter, and the Blue wire is used if you're not running a converter and would like to run your lights off of the #4 battery. The light kit comes with about a 16" long wire that will jump either of those wires to another blue wire under the controller cover. This wire is fused with a 20A fuse and is easily made up on your own. Just be sure to hook it to the blue wire on the battery and not the red if you dont have a converter or it'll look like the 4th of July when you pull the light switch on.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

How do I know if I have this converter? Can I assume a stock golf cart wouldn't have it?

My kit doesn't have the horn or anything - it's just the front light, rear lights, and wiring harnesses.

Can I just plug to the blue wire just to be safe regardless? How is the ground handled, in the harness somehow? And if I want to wire up a stereo later on, is there anything I should take into account while wiring the lights?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a silver box mounted to the small steel cavity directly behind the front suspension. Odds are, you don't have it. Most carts don't. Especially carts with 12 Volt batteries.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

here is the brush guard light kit off of converter on 4 12 volts 04 cc presd...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bob cart.jpg (70.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg bob cart 1.jpg (51.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg bob cart 2.jpg (44.6 KB, 20 views)
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #18
txfiremedic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The light kit is fairly easy to install. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I just installed mine so everything is fresh on my mind.
txfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #19
bblades
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 08 precedent.... so everything is there but the taillight harness correct?
bblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

According to David, an 08 would not be prewired. Your cart is electric right?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car