lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1955 Marketeer Cart

I posted about a week ago about my cart being down. I had some responses that indicated I my have over-reved the motor going down a 7 percent grade. Didnt know it was an issue, I do now. A good excuse to send off for a Bandit upgrade. Ah yes the Marketeer Cart. Belonged to my buddy where I worked on a chicken ranch, a summer job for me when I was a boy. It had 3-wheels and a joy-stick for steering. We used it to haul a 4 x 6 trailer to feed the chickens with. We also abused the hell out of it. Slamming it into reverse while going forward and likewise while going backwards. Trying to go fast down big hills and so forth. No over-reving there. To my knowledge that cart was bullet-proof. Had my 2005 EZ_GO 2 years and had to replace controller and selinoid and now the motor. Just bad luck I guess. I thought electric cars did not have that many issues. Whats Up.
leapingbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1955 Marketeer Cart

oh they do when you abuse them..........the more you keep on top of maintence the harder you can treat it but sooner or later its gonna bite you..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 1955 Marketeer Cart

You never over reved the the older cart because it had stock wheels on it and stock controller.
I gernaded a 4600RPM motor once that was brand new from PQ. I was told to watch the speed but it was so fast I just wanted to see what it would do! I blew a hole the size of my thumb in the end of the motor and the thing locked up and I did a 360 in the middle of the road. Totally my fault for running it wide open.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO