lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Should I sell it or fix it?

Here's a Youtube video I shot of my 2004 TXT that I rescued from the warehouse, once I got it home and cleaned it up.

I'm really torn, should I sell it now or turn in into the next great project/money pit?

I don't live in a neighborhood or subdivion that is cart friendly and the missus aint too happy with spending $600 on batteries.
JohnBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: Should I sell it or fix it?

if she's not liking the idea of $600 for batteries, she'll hate all the other money that'll get sunk into it. I'll come down there and get it outta your way plus give ya $250 for it. My cart in my avatar looked like the one you have before I started and right now I probably have $6000 in it.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Those 04 batteries are toast. Don't waste your time taking them out if you are not going to replace them...... Just cut the wires off of them and hose them off so you don't scare a buyer the way you just scared me

She would bring 4-500 like that here.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Those 04 batteries are toast. Don't waste your time taking them out if you are not going to replace them...... Just cut the wires off of them and hose them off so you don't scare a buyer the way you just scared me

She would bring 4-500 like that here.
I just listed it in the for sale section for $1750 (edit: $1350). Did I price it too low?

Yes, I plan to get out there and clean up the batteries and wiring this week.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

$1350 for a 7 yr old cart that probably need everything? You musta fell and bonked your head. Or maybe that's after the wife slapped ya for saying you need $600 for batteries.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
$1350 for a 7 yr old cart that probably need everything? You musta fell and bonked your head. Or maybe that's after the wife slapped ya for saying you need $600 for batteries.
I honestly don't have any idea of what they sell for.

What would be a reasonable (no BS) price for a cart like this as it sits?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

$1750??............I originally read $1350. You better get to a doctor quick.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
$1750??............I originally read $1350. You better get to a doctor quick.
Sorry I meant $1350...

I was hoping to get $1000 out of it...

Is that reasonable?

If I got a fresh set of batteries in it and it runs good, what would be a reasonable selling price?

I just need to figure out if it's worth putting any money into and if I could recoup my investment should I decide to sell later.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just like a project car, bike or whatever else, you will never come close to breaking even. Any money you throw at it is gone. With your new batteries and wiring, IF it is fully functional, you'll be fortunate to get that $1k. Sad, but true. People who have and modify carts do so because they need or like them. You are not likely to make a living flipping them. I gave $500 for mine in non- operational condition knowing the batteries were wasted and I had to yank it out of the hole it had settled into over who knows how many years.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
JohnBG
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Just like a project car, bike or whatever else, you will never come close to breaking even. Any money you throw at it is gone. With your new batteries and wiring, IF it is fully functional, you'll be fortunate to get that $1k. Sad, but true. People who have and modify carts do so because they need or like them. You are not likely to make a living flipping them. I gave $500 for mine in non- operational condition knowing the batteries were wasted and I had to yank it out of the hole it had settled into over who knows how many years.
Been there and done that several times with motorcycles...

It would be cool to build a project buggy, but I'm not sure if I have the time or money to invest in it right now. Not looking to make a living doing it...

I would like to get an idea of a reasonable price of what it would be worth, running or not... Somebody here offered me $250, maybe the truck bed is worth that alone.

If someone showed up in my driveway with cash money and a decent offer, I would have to seriously consider letting it go.

I thought about "parting it out" but don't want to go through the hassle. It's a good cart that needs some batteries and some TLC. I think it would make a good project cart for somebody, if not me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO