lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default 2007 Club Car Precedent IQ basic info

Yes, I'm new plus I'm new to golf carts.
I just bought my first cart. It is an electric 48V 2007 Club Car Precedent IQ built in the 30th week of 07. I figured out that from the serial number sticky.
The Trojan batteries "4-12V" have D1 on the negative terminals which I have interpreted to be electrolyte filled on April of 2011. If I am wrong then someone please correct me.

I am just looking for some basic info here. If you have some do's and don'ts about my cart then I would like to hear it.
I know that battery maintenance is a must including keeping a full charge on the batteries.
I was able to download a PDF owner’s manual from the Club Car home site. I still have yet to read it but later tonight, I’ll go through it.

I will be making mods to the cart and I would like suggestions. The suggestions are basically what brand/type/size of the upgrades would best suit what I wish to do.

Upgrades that I want to do:
Light kit, don’t need a horn, I can still holler and the wife still screams pretty well when she gets scared.
Lift kit, I’m thinking 6”. Suggestions welcome.
Wheels and tires, what will look nice but not put too much torque on the stock motor plus no rubbing. No mud riding here. I have a 4-wheeler for that.
Rear folding seat, what’s a good one that will fit this cart without using a cutting torch and a welding machine?
Real voltage meter instead of the dinky low voltage light. LED would be nice I think or digital. I would like one that reads in numbers, not a bar scale.

Possible other upgrades to follow but the above listed are what I would like to do first.

Any suggestions, knowledge, input will be appreciated.

Thanks, Sam
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Precedent IQ basic info

Welcome to BGW,

Check out my photo album in my profile, as I have the same cart as yours. Look at some of my past posts and read the one about the digital meter. Get the DATAL meter! Mine works great, but everyone swears on the Datal.
Also, take a good look at my cart's lift kit. It's a Jakes 3" kit. It provides good lift, looks great and lets me corner fast without fear of rollover, as the center of gravity is closer to stock than the 6" lift kit. Also Scubabud has a very nice cart, with everything you would ever want. Good luck, it's addictive
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Check out my photo album in my profile, as I have the same cart as yours.
You have a very nice looking cart. I see that you opted for the Jakes 3" lift kit. I had already read that the Jakes kits was the better kit to get. You made a good point about the center of gravity and your kit looks great. I'm now thinking that 3" will work well for me too.

As soon as I finish this reply, I'll research the Datal meter.

I was looking at a light kit. Does the link below look like the correct kit and does the price look about right?
http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-105...light-kit.aspx
Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

DS,
Yes, that is the type of kit. You will have to cut out holes for the rear lights.
I PMed you some other info. Shop around, lots of good sponsors here
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
DS,
Yes, that is the type of kit. You will have to cut out holes for the rear lights.
I PMed you some other info. Shop around, lots of good sponsors here
Thanks for the PM. I followed your instructions.
Cutting holes is no big deal for me I promise. I want a quality light kit and an OEM kit would be great if it doesn't break the bank.
Actually, I want quality on all of the upgrades. I don't want to half way do this if I'm going to start throwing money at it.

On edit: This is something that I wanted to mention earlier but I forgot. I'd rather deal with sponsors if the price of the upgrades are reasonable. I'm a member of other types of forums and I understand the needed support of the sponsors.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Sorry guys, I'm still learning my way around here. I see that most of my topic post is in the wrong forum so I copied and edited it in another forum that appeared to be more appropriate.
I was going to edit my first post and take out all of the upgrade stuff since I finally discovered this forum was for troubleshooting problems.
The problem is I don't have the ability to edit my first post. There is no edit button. If someone knows how to edit it let me know so I can clean it up.

Sam
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
trembly6
Not Yet Wild

Quoted $3675 for a 2007 club car precedent. Newly painted, new batteries, extended roof, 48V, new mag wheels. Is this a good price?
trembly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trembly6 View Post
Quoted $3675 for a 2007 club car precedent. Newly painted, new batteries, extended roof, 48V, new mag wheels. Is this a good price?
Seems a but steep, especially if the electronics are stock.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
mutau95
Not Yet Wild

New batteries and wheels along with an extended top for 3675 is a good price IMO. I've seen wholesale carts go for around 2k so add on the extended top for 300 and the new batteries for 500-600 along with new new wheels for 500-600 and new paint. Sounds like you are getting a fair price. You can always haggle a little to get some knocked off the price but not bad as is.
mutau95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car