lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default who has the best fender flares?

1998 Club Car DS - who has the nicest fender flares ? Looking for something that can take a bump without destroying them.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: who has the best fender flares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
1998 Club Car DS - who has the nicest fender flares ? Looking for something that can take a bump without destroying them.
Alwhite , I have flares on my DS which have been very durable and look good as well. I'll post a few pics very soon.
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds good. Also where you got them. I heard some of them are pretty brittle so I am looking for some real world feedback.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:36 AM   #4
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Following this thread...I too am interested to hear the members feedback. I see one of our site sponsors (Steeleng) has some pretty good prices on CC Precedent flares, but they don't show any pics of them actually installed on a cart. And was wondering about their fit and durability.
Nifrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Here's a few pics.... Im not sure who the manufacturer is . They are molded Black plastic , with a textured finish. I used stainless hardware to attach them.
They do stick out a little bit so you could easily snag them if your not careful. But they really do help keep the cart clean on the sides. I see them on Ebay for about $80 free shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150327_124057.jpg (177.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150327_124049.jpg (228.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150327_125914.jpg (276.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
It all depends on what your expectations are (besides durability) for your use!
Strictly looks?
Strictly to keep mud off of you?
Or a bit of both?

Florida Cart's flares are nice, and will keep the mud off of you, But...
and no offense FC... they're not very durable, and in my opinion, not very appealing to the eye! (just my opinion)

I have factory Club Car fender flares (flexible rubber), they don't do "diddly" with big tires and mud, but they look nice!

110409_182708.jpg
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCart View Post
Here's a few pics.... Im not sure who the manufacturer is . They are molded Black plastic , with a textured finish. I used stainless hardware to attach them.
They do stick out a little bit so you could easily snag them if your not careful. But they really do help keep the cart clean on the sides. I see them on Ebay for about $80 free shipping.
How wide are they off the body? Are they pretty flexible? Do you have a link to exact ones?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #8
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
How wide are they off the body? Are they pretty flexible? Do you have a link to exact ones?
Alwhite , The flares are 4.25" wide. They,re made out of a Black molded plastic. They remind me of the Bushwacker Brand flares you see on a lot of newer 4x4 trucks running around. If your planning on doing a lot of offroading are serious trail riding you may want to go with a rubber type flare for more durability. Personally these flares fits my needs well as my carts on asphalt 95% of the time. I've had these on my cart probably 10 years and no cracks or rips what so ever.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The good flairs are made in Elgin, IL by a company called GMT. Ask your vendor if this is what he's selling. If not, keep looking.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car