lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
steelbronco
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent arm rest mod

Here's how I changed the arm rests on a 2014 club car precedent.

The first picture shows how I cut the top arch of the arm rest off. Then I formed polished stainless steel plating over the holes left by the cuts. These plates were put on with clear JB Weld plastic expoxy underneath. You may think it looks a little funny with a small part of the back still sticking up. Well there are two reasons. First, the way the plastic is molded in the existing arm rest causes problems and limits in just how you decide to cut on it. Second, you are cutting the handles off that actually help you lift the seat up when accessing the engine compartment. So the picture shows how I solved these issues.

The second picture shows how I used a set of scooter/wheelchair arm rests and adapted them to bolt to the cargo box. If you don't have a cargo box they could still be adapted to work. Just remember the roof drain tubes run down through the rear supports before you drill, weld, etc.

Finally the third picture shows it all finished with one arm rest up and the other down. My Mom couldn't be happier and this greatly helps her in getting on and off the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arm rest 2.jpg (100.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Arm rest 1.jpg (92.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Arm rest 3.jpg (205.3 KB, 0 views)
steelbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #2
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent arm rest mod

I like it! Looks good.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car