lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 AM   #1
jjjjjreynolds
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 EZGO no go

I have a 2000 ezgo gas, basic model. About 3 yrs ago it just stopped running, would turn over but no fire. After moving/giggling the wires in the photo it ran fine until yesterday. On hole 8 of a 3 day tourney, where it wouldn't even tun over, click, like a dead battery.

I got it home and it fired right up last night. Now this morning it also fired up, I giggled the same wires and it sputtered and quit. Now it has a click and starter strains to turn over at all, just like on the course.

I apologize if this has been posted, but I'm looking for some ideas. I'm more of a motorcycle guy and don't work on golf carts much.

I think the 2 wires are the ones heading to pulsar coil(black and a red/white). It's within the same black conduit that the ignition coils 2 wires run(white and red).

Anyone experienced something like this?

Do I have some sort of poor connection or wire has been broken. Do I start with the pulsar or trace wires back? Are there wiring diagrams out there?

Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.8 KB, 0 views)
jjjjjreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZGO no go

The very first thing to do is load test your battery.

Put meter leads on the battery terminals. You should see around 12.7 volts. Step on the pedal to see what the voltage drops to. You really don't want the voltage to drop more than 1 volt. If your voltage drops to 9.6 volts, or less the battery is junk.

After load testing, remove your connections one at a time, and clean them. The grounding point, and the positive battery terminal connection are the most important.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
jjjjjreynolds
Not Yet Wild

I did get it running, the ground cable attached to the coil bracket, bolt fell out, must have been loose. I put it back together and it fired up. It still isn't right, because I can giggle those wires in the first photo and the cart will sputter and die again.

I unplugged those 4 wires from the igniter, and removed from pulsar and coil and tested continuity, all seems fine. I pulled the 4 wires out of the cart, shaking, moving, etc, still had continuity tone.

Pulsar has 20.4 ohms, remains steady moving wires, etc.

I'm stumped. It runs fine, but if those 4 wires move, it will start to sputter.

Battery was closer to 13V. When pedal pressed, it dropped very little, maybe 1/2V. As I ran the cart, it was charging to close to 15V.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You are in good shape with the battery, and charging system. Time to move on to poor connections, or a bare wire chafing to ground.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
jjjjjreynolds
Not Yet Wild

Could one of the 2 pulsar wires be rubbing to ground? Would that be causing my intermittent sputtering, no fire symptoms? Is the pulsar easy to get to and check the wire condition?
Old 08-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #6
jjjjjreynolds
Not Yet Wild

I think I got it. I opened up the flywheel cover traced pulsar back to source, wires looked good. Think it was the plastic connection the whole time. I crimped the female end a bit to tighten up the connection. No more hesitation, even with giggling the wires. I'll probably leave it as is for now, and may replace connector with something else this winter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO