lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 06:35 AM   #11
nsudemon46
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Yamaha G22E Runs in Foward but no Reverse

At this point no im not sure. I used thw wiring diagram from FSIP to get the GE controller wired up. Only difference I could tell with the big harness between the GE and Moric is that the Moric had the A2/Neg cable crimped together on one post on the controller and the GE had separate post for the negative and A2. About the only thing I have not tried with the GE controller is swapping the A1 cable with the A2 cable going from motor to controller
nsudemon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

What I do know...A G22-e with a GE controller (serial# to JU2-205700) used wire harness JU2-H2590-00-00. A G22-e with a Moric (serial# JU2-205701 to 305999) used a Harness JU2-H2590-10-00. I've looked at both, the f/r switch "Y" goes to pin 5 and "W" goes to pin 4 on both. I seem to recall 1 wire needs to be changed. Doesn't the FSIP so that wire change?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:50 PM   #13
toomanycarts
Not Yet Wild

I know this post is a couple years old but I am finding it useful as I am currently swapping a Moric controller into an 2003 G22E (which had GE controller that was hooped). I know that the wiring harness is different as my cart will go in the forward direction when the selector switch is put in reverse - I have the reverse buzzer that will not stop unless I throw the tow switch. And I also cannot get the cart to run in reverse direction from the switch. I've been looking for a pinout on both controllers but have so far had no luck - strikes me as odd that they would have changed the controller to Moric mid 2004 and not kept things identical with the harness. Hoping someone will see this and enlighten me a little.
toomanycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #14
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycarts View Post
I know this post is a couple years old but I am finding it useful as I am currently swapping a Moric controller into an 2003 G22E (which had GE controller that was hooped). I know that the wiring harness is different as my cart will go in the forward direction when the selector switch is put in reverse - I have the reverse buzzer that will not stop unless I throw the tow switch. And I also cannot get the cart to run in reverse direction from the switch. I've been looking for a pinout on both controllers but have so far had no luck - strikes me as odd that they would have changed the controller to Moric mid 2004 and not kept things identical with the harness. Hoping someone will see this and enlighten me a little.

FSIP has wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guides for both types of controllers but yes a couple pins are different on the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 04:48 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ahh, the old "11-17 swap". For switching to a fsip "fx" controller. Not sure about the moric swap.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:29 AM   #16
toomanycarts
Not Yet Wild

FSIP doesn't have the Moric Controller listed at all on their website....
toomanycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:13 PM   #17
biphase
Gone Wild

The wire harness is the same for the Moric and the GE controller. The GE has separate connections for "A2" and "NEG"(B-) cables but on the Moric they are combined on a single terminal "NEG/A2".
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:16 PM   #18
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by biphase View Post
The wire harness is the same for the Moric and the GE controller. The GE has separate connections for "A2" and "NEG"(B-) cables but on the Moric they are combined on a single terminal "NEG/A2".

Ah, I am sorry about my misinformation a few posts earlier, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha