lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Brush Guard***Jakes vs Madjax vs OTHER?***

Just purchased a 2014 EFI Yamaha G29 Drive. Wanting a brush guard to put on it before Christmas. Giving it to my son for a present. Which one do you like or recommend and why? THANKS in advance
gdbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 Brush Guard***Jakes vs Madjax vs OTHER?***

The below is a pic of my Grizzly front brush guard and rear well...."bumper"...I highly recommend this product.

The reason I recommend this front guard is because if you look at the top and bottom pipe, they go all the way around and are welded to the "flat" pieces that attach to the EZ-GO frame. My old brush guard took the top pipe and "cut it short" and only one pipe was welded to the flat attachment pieces. That "one pipe" (non-Grizzly product) attachment proved to be weak when winching and eventually bent to the point of "non-use." The double pipe weld, along with the winch plate has proven to be very strong when winching my cart on\off my truck and outta mud "pits".

The rear bumper has a welded trailer hitch mount. This has proven to be very strong when my rear winch is attached and when pulling heavy stuff around.

Worth the $$$$. You know.....buy once.....cry once.

FWIW

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Always nice to see an accessory that is functional, not just a decoration! I almost bought a Jakes one but found out that it too like most is made with [paper] thin wall tubing. Made my own that is fully functional instead for about the same money as a credit card one.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i have a jakes winch bumper and recommend. it has held up to pulling other carts out of mud and sticky situations. BUT mostly because its not right up against the body like every other one. if you would actually hit something, it has more than a 1/4 inch before it smashes into the front bodywork.Although it is more of a bumper rather. as it doesnt rap around. hell go all out and get the madjax armor bumper. i have no experience with it but looks like the most protection you can buy.
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

has anyone rang JEGS? Just ran across it also...

https://www.jegs.com/i/Rebco/811/101...4aAusbEALw_wcB
Old 11-30-2018, 07:57 PM   #6
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbunn View Post
has anyone rang JEGS? Just ran across it also...

https://www.jegs.com/i/Rebco/811/101...4aAusbEALw_wcB
That is exactly what i'm talking about.... That will protect the front from light brush, but if there were actual hard contact it would be a permanent fixture of the front cowl. Its all about the use of the cart.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #7
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

does anyone have pics of the JEGS brush guard installed on Yamaha Drive? Can't find any pics online. THANKS
Old 11-30-2018, 09:22 PM   #8
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

havent found a pic. went out and looked at mine a while. either that jegs bumper mounts to the body or the mounts are way longer than they look. there is just nothing there to use those two top mounts unless its right against the front body panel it may reach back to the front bracing. Sorry i am not much help. just throwing at you what i see.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:30 PM   #9
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

thanks for looking into it. Mine is at my barn. Not near walking distance. Maybe someone who has it will post soon. Not a bad price. They have $10 OFF now so will be under a $100
Old 12-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #10
gdbunn
Not Yet Wild

just did a live chat with Jegs and they don't have any pics of brush guard installed. Said its a new product. Really want to see what it looks like installed and how it actually installs. Anyone have it???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha