lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Newest project, need troubleshooting help please

Here is a shot of my latest find. Picked up another former maintenance cart from a local apartment complex. This is the fourth such cart I bought this way. 3 are Yamahas and 1 Ez-Go. Just brought this one home today. Too cold to fool around with it much but it is dead. Maintenance guy said it was running intermittently when they parked it a couple months ago. Good news is the batteries still show 48.4V even though it has sat for a couple months. I get nothing at all from it when I try to move it. No sounds at all. Please point me in the right direction as to what steps/tests to start with to try and track down the issue(s). I am also including a picture of one of the other carts I got and have fixed up. It actually looked worse that this one but was a runner once I nursed the badly neglected batteries back to life. Thanks guys. I needed this new cart like a hole in the head but just couldn't pass it up. Addicted for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha 3.1.jpg (322.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg after 1.jpg (471.1 KB, 0 views)
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Newest project, need troubleshooting help please

Since its 48v, it's a sepex model (g19 or g22). Turn the tow/run switch off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on... any solenoid click?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. I believe it is a G22. The other ones I got are 22's and this looks just like them. Just tried your suggestions and no go. Still no response, sounds or signs of life.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Pop the rear cover off to see if it's a moric controller (2 controllers were available on G22e). If it's a moric, the failure you described is common when the controller goes bad. If it's a moric, and your other g22 is a moric, try swapping the controllers (but only if they are the same controller, mixing controller brands on that model will likely get you a runaway cart, there were very significant wiring differences).
Old 01-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #5
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

I assume Moric is printed on the controller somewhere? Regardless, I can compare to see if they both have the same type. Might take me a day or so to get to it depending on weather. Also got to remove the bed to get access. I plan on removing it anyway for the rebuild so it will be easier to troubleshoot with it off.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:17 PM   #6
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Newest project, need troubleshooting help please (More help needed)

OK, making some progress. I swapped the controller from my other cart. They looked identical but were one number off on the model which I assume is just a slightly newer one. JU2-H6510-30 vs. JU2-H6510-31 Yes they are Moric. I now get solenoid clicks when I switch from tow to run. Also when I turn the key on I get two clicks a second or two apart (just like I do on my other running cart). When I put it in Forward, the reverse buzzer sounds. When I switch to Reverse, no buzzer. This could just be the switch was monkied with by the apartment maintenance guys where I got the cart from. Have not looked closer at that but thought I would mention it just in case it means something. Unfortunately, I still get no movement. When I push on the pedal I get nothing. No sounds or movement. What should I try next?? I do have the other running cart so I can swap parts out trying to figure the problem(s) without wasting money buying parts. Once I get it sorted, I can purchase replacement parts if it is cost effective to fix it. Thanks again in advance. Joe
Old 01-25-2020, 08:42 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

If a F&R swap doesnt work, I think you have damaged wire harness. Luckily, the whole harness is something like $150.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:59 AM   #8
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Newest project, need troubleshooting help please

CGTech, Thank you again for your input. Greatly appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha