lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1st ride on Leaf conversion of 2011 RXV

Took my 1st test ride after converting my RXV to Nissan Leaf 14s4p 58v setup. Used the Ant BMS and Sergio’s relay plan.
As I had limited time it was a short ride. I logged 3.3 miles at 11mph average speed on mostly flat to small rolling hills (nothing over 10deg grade). The cart has a Danaher controller set for fleet mode and I believe for Hilly terrain, as bought it from a Country Club that had many hills. I started with 4.058v per cell and noticed that the current draw from a dead stop barely hit 100 amps. Cruising was generally 35 - 55 amps continuous. On the steepest grade from a dead stop I saw 166 amps for a few seconds, but it settled at about 85. My max speed was only 16. I have 215/50x12 tires 20” diameter, so I thought I would see a little more. Not really concerned for speed as I mostly use it for golf, but I will be retiring in a couple of years and will want to use it more around town. I installed led lights, turn signals and brake lights and mirrors, so it is street legal where I live.
3.3 miles and when I finished the voltage settled at 4.22v per cell.
I plan on charging to 4.07v and recharging at 3.55v.
Based on that, I should get about 23 years out of my pack
When I get closer to retirement, I plan to upgrade the controller and motor and would be interested in the experts opinions on the available options for doing that.
You guys have given me great information on the lithium conversion and I am in awe of the knowledge found on the BGW forums!
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st ride on Leaf conversion of 2011 RXV

Meant to put settled at 4.022v per cell.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #3
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

thats awesome man i ordered most of the stuff so far im sure itll be a month before i have everything needed
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

where did you get end up mounting the lcd?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #5
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I haven’t used the ant lcd. They sent the wrong connector. I use the iOS app. I also have a coulomb meter that monitors the current draw since I don’t have the bms connected to the controller side of the system. I mounted that lcd to the left of the key switch. I didn’t have the ezgo doc meter so the space was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
I haven’t used the ant lcd. They sent the wrong connector. I use the iOS app. I also have a coulomb meter that monitors the current draw since I don’t have the bms connected to the controller side of the system. I mounted that lcd to the left of the key switch. I didn’t have the ezgo doc meter so the space was available.

i didnt know they made an ios app which one is it?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnabell67 View Post
i didnt know they made an ios app which one is it?

It is called ant bms.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are you using one of the JLD meters to track Amp Hours?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:27 PM   #9
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

No. Cheap Chinese meter.

I believe it is sufficient for my needs.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #10
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

After 2 fairly short test drives in my newly converted RXV, I have come to the conclusion that something is amiss. The top speed that I have attained is 16mph with just me in the cart and 14 with me and my wife. I also noticed that the Regen brakes don’t stop the cart as well on flat ground. That may be weight.

I determined that my cheap coulomb meter is about 30% low compared to the BMS when charging. So I assume it is probably also 30% off on the discharge also. That being said, taking off uphill from a dead stop I saw 185a on the meter which was really more like 250a and coasting down the same hill I saw 45a on the Regen which would be about 60a. So, I expected to have a little more speed with the Leaf pack. However, since the Danaher controller is set to fleet mode would that be the reason I didn’t get the speed increase I expected?

I don’t necessarily care that it doesn’t go faster, but would like to know that it is not something that I should be concerned about.

I have 215/15 x 12 tires and changed all wiring on the battery (2ga on the discharge side)and charging system(10ga), but nothing on the control side of the solenoid.

Would like your opinions!

Tags
battery, leaf modules, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO