lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #1
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy 2007 Ez-go TxT Gas GoffCart Trouble Pulling Hills

Yes I have an Ez-go Txt gas golf cart that is giving me some issues going up hills. It runs great and plenty of power on level ground but when pulling up hills it’s like it has lost it pulling power. If I haul any passengers it will not climb a hill but in the level it does ok. I also wondered I see my belt on my clutches is loose is this how it’s suppose to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Travis0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2021, 08:38 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ez-go TxT Gas GoffCart Trouble Pulling Hills

I am guessing your driven clutch has failed. Had the same issue, replaced the driven clutch and Ll good. They are rebuildable.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:01 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Loose belt on the clutch is normal. How wide is your belt or where does it sit on the rear driven clutch when the cart is off? The belt should rear even with or slightly above the edges of the clutch.

A 28 degree driven clutch is a nice upgrade for torque
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:14 PM   #4
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 2007 Ez-go TxT Gas GoffCart Trouble Pulling Hills

I’m not sure the belt size but it’s a heavy dust belt for my model also on the back clutch my belt rides inside at 1/4 to an 1/8 from the top. Also I was reading online it says I should have enough room behind the back pulley to were it slides next to transmission for a finger to slide by but there isn’t enough room for that. Also one day awhile back I was changing from drive to reverse and I kinda didn’t wait for my engine to stop and heard a pop not sure if that helps but I’m not sure what to fix. But other then that it runs great just not up hills. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:24 PM   #5
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis0426 View Post
I’m not sure the belt size but it’s a heavy dust belt for my model also on the back clutch my belt rides inside at 1/4 to an 1/8 from the top. Also I was reading online it says I should have enough room behind the back pulley to were it slides next to transmission for a finger to slide by but there isn’t enough room for that. Also one day awhile back I was changing from drive to reverse and I kinda didn’t wait for my engine to stop and heard a pop not sure if that helps but I’m not sure what to fix. But other then that it runs great just not up hills. Thanks for your help.
I also awhile back added bigger tires and raised the rear up a few inches to allow for the upgrade in tires. Also if you know what I might change or fix and we’re to purchase the parts would be greatly appreciated thanks for you inquiry on this matter as well.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:36 PM   #6
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also I forgot to mention if I was to have a passenger ride with me up a hill it makes a squalling noise like the pulley is slipping around the belt. But if they get off it will gradually pick back up and go on. I’m about 275lbs. and if my two girls get on and they both don’t weigh around 110 prob it will not pull hills but does ok on level ground.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #7
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
I am guessing your driven clutch has failed. Had the same issue, replaced the driven clutch and Ll good. They are rebuildable.
Hey what does Ll stand for in a first time owner and not familiar with this golf cart. Thanks for your info
Old 03-23-2021, 07:25 PM   #8
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

LI is a typo for "all"...meant to say all good.
I think you said you bought a new belt? It sounds like maybe you have the wrong belt on. Sitting still, it ought to be loose on the front clutch, and even with the outer edge of the rear clutch. If it is below that, the belt is too narrow, either old and worn out, or the wrong belt. As for not running up hill, like I said before...get you a new driven clutch (rear clutch) or rebuilt it if you are mechanically inclined. There are youtube videos that walk you through it all.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:30 PM   #9
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Loose belt on the clutch is normal. How wide is your belt or where does it sit on the rear driven clutch when the cart is off? The belt should rear even with or slightly above the edges of the clutch.

A 28 degree driven clutch is a nice upgrade for torque
Yes in park it rides inside the clutch about a 1/4 inch of clutch is visible on the outer edge when in park the belt rides inside the clutch I’ll post a picture. Then I’m not sure which clutch to buy and we’re to get it from. I also like to know we’re to purchase the grunt clutch because I haven’seen any like the one I have. Also I’m not sure what engine is in my golf cart almost every website ask what type of engine and a half and I don’t know.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:36 PM   #10
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
LI is a typo for "all"...meant to say all good.
I think you said you bought a new belt? It sounds like maybe you have the wrong belt on. Sitting still, it ought to be loose on the front clutch, and even with the outer edge of the rear clutch. If it is below that, the belt is too narrow, either old and worn out, or the wrong belt. As for not running up hill, like I said before...get you a new driven clutch (rear clutch) or rebuilt it if you are mechanically inclined. There are youtube videos that walk you through it all.
Can you tell me where to purchase the clutch and why do I need to look up for us style I guess this is my first time I have no clue I’ve seen some clutches on Amazon just don’t know which one to get any info would be greatly appreciate it thanks. Also the belt does ride inside down inside the clutch but the belt that came on it used to not ride down in it but now does and when I bought the new one it wrote on the outside edge also and just started riding down inside of it when I heard that pop don’t know if that’s what it was or not but I noticed now when I park it sitting down inside the rear clutch here I’ll post you a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8B044DF2-DF39-4452-91CB-C7679369295A.jpg (163.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO