lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2021, 07:01 AM   #1
CubbyGamecock
Not Yet Wild

Default Replace cables w/ 2AWG, Motor lead question

Here is a photo of the setup. (edit) Because I am a new member it will not let me post links. You have to go to imgur and then type in (or I can PM you the photos)

/a/nO0qBF9

I am swapping to 2AWG cables. The battery was straight forward. But the leads I assumed went to the motor. But when I opened the access cover I see they do not. I guess they go to a DC bus or terminal box?

I am wondering the least destructive way to access this to replace the primary positive and negative leads (red/black).

I did search the battery thread. While that thread is a wealth of knowledge I could not find the answer I was looking for.

thank you very much for the help
CubbyGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Replace cables w/ 2AWG, Motor lead question

https://imgur.com/a/nO0qBF9

Under that cover where the TOW/RUN switch is you will find the controller and the solenoid. The remaining cables attach here. You can also gain access from under the cart and to the rear, there's a removable cover. I don't have the cover on mine at all, and you can see the controller/solenoid easily.

FYI You do not have to replace all four motor cables with 2awg, the field cables don't carry much current. Post a thread in the members introduction and include some details about your cart in any future posts so we know what we're helping you with. You'll find some great folks on here that know alot.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
[url] .... FYI You do not have to replace all four motor cables with 2awg, the field cables don't carry much current. ....
When upgrading the OEM motor cables, A1 & A2, to 2AWG move the OEM cables to the field and mark them with a Sharpie - F1 & F2.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:41 PM   #4
CubbyGamecock
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
You can also gain access from under the cart and to the rear, there's a removable cover.
Thanks for the feedback. I looked under there best I could but the access was not apparent. I have car ramps is that the safest way to elevate the cart to work under it? I have the same year as you (I think 2014)
CubbyGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:00 AM   #5
JeffCJ8
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Anyone have a diagram of what is suggested here? I'm new to golf carts and am facing the same issue. OG cables are corroded and one is likely broken underneath the electrical tape.

I got a new set of battery cables and two long cables (one has a red tape and one has a black tape) and I'm trying to figure out where they should go. They are WAY longer than the positive and negative cables that attach to the battery pack.
JeffCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Red tape would be the positive battery cable. I always measure the old ones and order cables that match. Extra length only hurts performance a little if you are using 2 AWG though.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 2awg, cable battery, clubcar, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car