lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #1
WBville07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 2007 EZ-GO ST - Robin EH352 Muffler

First Post here - Just got a 2007 EZ-GO ST Sport II (Not 100% sure about all that, but ID'd it as best I could) with the Robin Engine EH352. The muffler that is on it currently is rusted through in multiple spots and it looks like the previous owner tried to do some DIY welding on it (not sure if that came before or after the rust). Pretty loud and obnoxious.

My question is, what is the correct part number for the muffler for this engine because I would like to replace it. I can get the P/N from the muffler that's on there currently, but I'm not sure it's the correct part due to the DIY welding looks like they got the wrong muffler and had to modify it to bolt up.

Current muffler P/N : 74829G01

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Also, if there's a pdf for the manual someone can share, that would be great. Other links I've found didn't work.

-WB
WBville07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 EZ-GO ST - Robin EH352 Muffler

According to the Parts manual I have with ST II starting in 2006 is 74829G01
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
WBville07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

And is that for the Robin engine specifically or the MCI engine? Or does it fit either one? I just don't want to order the wrong part....

Thank you so much for the help!
Old 04-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The MCI engine is a Robin Engine. The Robin engine transitioned 2003/2004 from the Pre-MCI to the MCI version. MCI simply stands for motor cost investigation, and resulted in several changes. The MCI engines seem to start easier, rev a bit quicker, and reportedly have better fuel efficiency; however, the oiling at the head relies on indirect flow to the cam bearings, and can be problematic as the cam locks up in the head if you loose oil flow. Not something that happens often though, unless you replace the oil pump o-ring with a non EZGO unit.

Short answer, yes, that is the muffler for the post 2004 295cc and 350cc Robin MCI twin engines and the number was taken out of the EZGO Parts Service Manual.

Now, if you order a non-EZGO aftermarket part, I can't guarantee it will fit. You need to do your own research to verify what you buy is the right part...I've never purchased one separate from a cart, so can't speak to the fitment of units from various vendors.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:31 AM   #5
WBville07
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, thank you! I was horribly misinformed. I really appreciate the help and information, it will be super useful moving forward. Thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO