lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #1
BEdge
Not Yet Wild

Default "Raptor" EZ GO Express Elite 90AMP

New to forum, here are some pictures of my new neighborhood cart (will not be allowed on our course most likely). It is not too bad but the view is restricted by the roof height (had to remove mirrors to even see) and it is SLOW! I mean really slow. They say 16MPH but I am not so sure about that.
Other than that, it could be fun to grab stuff and transport it from house to house
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0317.jpg (200.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.jpg (206.2 KB, 0 views)
BEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "Raptor" EZ GO Express Elite 90AMP

That's cool! I see what you mean about the roof height/visibility... Maybe some side mirrors would help?

The truck body on that is really awesome!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah.....I'd be cutting those front roof struts and installing a strut extension of 3"-5" to get better visibility.

But the truck body is way cool!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #4
BEdge
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Yeah.....I'd be cutting those front roof struts and installing a strut extension of 3"-5" to get better visibility.

But the truck body is way cool!!
I had to remove the 5 panel mirror because even my daughter could not see out. I really need to get something done about the speed though. it is way too slow for our community. even the golf course's carts blow right by us...

Are there extension kits or do I just unbolt them and then go to a metal fab?
BEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, you could do something like this....I did this years ago using the roof supports that I no longer needed because I installed a "roll cage" on the cart.

First: Get a piece of roof support for the same make\model you have. Check local golf courses as they may have a few "junkers" that you can pick one up cheap.

Second: Cut your existing roof supports the same distance (from top or bottom....your call).

Third" Measure the INSIDE dimension of the roof support and obtain a piece of solid steel that will pretty much slide into the roof support. This doesn't have to be all that precise....but the more snug the better. The more snug....the less possibility of squeaks.

Fourth: Cut the solid steel into maybe 4" sections...insert them into the roof supports (existing and new piece) and drill a hole (size is your call) thru the support, the steel and the other side of the support.

Fifth: Get some bolts with along with self locking nuts to attach the solid steel bar to existing and new roof support. You will need two bolts\nuts for each strut you wish to extend.

Here's a few pics of the one's I made years ago:

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO