lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
6.8mmSPC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default So I took the motor off my '01 CC Carryall I to fix the clunking noises

I finally got my '01 CC out to the deer lease to do a test run, it did OK except for a clunking noise when it coasts. The idea is to sneak up on the pigs so the clunking won't do.

When I got home I took motor off to replace the "bumper", the bumper appears to be well worn so I have one on order - no big deal.

I noticed that there is a good amount of play in the shaft that connects to the motor. The shaft will turn maybe 1/2 inch before it engages the wheels and the noise it makes when I turn it sounds just like the noise I hear when i drive the cart.

How much play should there be in that shaft? The rest of the cart does not show much wear so I cant believe that the drive train is worn out already.
6.8mmSPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: So I took the motor off my '01 CC Carryall I to fix the clunking noises

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I would like to know where you are getting your "bumper". I am pretty sure the noise mine makes is the same as yours and mine is also for hunting only.

Thanks a lot and Happy 4th!

BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
6.8mmSPC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: So I took the motor off my '01 CC Carryall I to fix the clunking noises

http://www.3rsalesandservice.com/

check the sponsor link at the top of the page.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is this what you got and I need? Sorry for the questions.

Thanks,
BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
6.8mmSPC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have not put it in yet. Too hot in the garage!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Spline shaft play doesn't sound all that bad. If you weren't getting a lot of gear noise you should be OK. Install instructions on bumper in '96DS called for it to be glued back in (permatex cement).& make sure bumper grooves line up with motor coupler grooves, (good light and small hook probe to check). wait 48 hours then put the retainer ring in. Doing it while cement is soft can move the grooves. I THINK your '01 carryall would install the same. Suggest you change your gear oil while you are under there.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Forgot to suggest a LIGHT coat of Poly grease on the shaft at install.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
6.8mmSPC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaynef13 View Post
Is this what you got and I need? Sorry for the questions.

Thanks,
BAF
The little bumper stopped my clunking noises!

Here is the link to the one the fits my cart.
https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...rvice/6765.htm

I am under the impression that there are two or more different "bumpers" types so yours may be different. Let us know how it turns out.

I am very pumped that I don't have to jack with the differential.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car