lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

Cool EZGO Resistor cart wiring 1983 Fairway Villager

Trying to get it to work after some one else messed with it.

The Model # is D0683 so I guess 1983 Fairway Villager? The good news is that I have two of them White & Green. The Green one I was told that someone messed with and rigged up. I cleaned the Green one all up with a wire brush and did have some power to the motor with one test battery. I tried to copy the wiring from the other White Cart and it looks like indeed someone tried to bypass the solenoid on the Green one. I only have three marine batteries for now. With two hooked up I get the buzzer that goes off when I have the key on and put it in forward?

However there is no movement of the cart when I press the petal.
I thought the buzzer was only for reverse? Is there supposed to be a clicking sound for the solenoid? After further inspection it looks like even on the white one someone ran a wire over to the other side of the solenoid from one of the key wires as well. Maybe both have bad solenoids?

I sort of think that there are not that many thinks to fail; so I would like some help checking in a step by step manner to find the faulty part. I have a few wire diagrams and I know there are a few switches. I also have some pictures.

Johnno
johnno0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Resistor cart wiring 1983 Fairway Villager

Look at the top of the ezgo electric main page (where you posted this) there are 3 stickies each one has some wiring diagrams. Do any of those cover your cart? I have an 86 with the resistor pack.

There is a wire that goes directly from the speed wiper switch position 1 (start at 0) to the switched side of the soleniod. Is that the wire you are speaking of?

Here is one of the links.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
hllon4whls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno0213 View Post
Trying to get it to work after some one else messed with it.

The Model # is D0683 so I guess 1983 Fairway Villager? The good news is that I have two of them White & Green. The Green one I was told that someone messed with and rigged up. I cleaned the Green one all up with a wire brush and did have some power to the motor with one test battery. I tried to copy the wiring from the other White Cart and it looks like indeed someone tried to bypass the solenoid on the Green one. I only have three marine batteries for now. With two hooked up I get the buzzer that goes off when I have the key on and put it in forward?

However there is no movement of the cart when I press the petal.
I thought the buzzer was only for reverse? Is there supposed to be a clicking sound for the solenoid? After further inspection it looks like even on the white one someone ran a wire over to the other side of the solenoid from one of the key wires as well. Maybe both have bad solenoids?

I sort of think that there are not that many thinks to fail; so I would like some help checking in a step by step manner to find the faulty part. I have a few wire diagrams and I know there are a few switches. I also have some pictures.

Johnno
Are you trying to run the cart on 2 12volt batteries? Pics would be nice.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

I have the third 12 volt battery & will connect but for now was trying to just get juice down to the foot petal.

I think I need to use a volt meter and check things?

I took the green one and wired everything correct and now not working.

I guess if the solenoid was clicking then it is bad.

The two wires from the key have colors and both go somewhere. On both of mine they are different
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images 1.jpg (4.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00293.jpg (73.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00294.jpg (73.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00295.jpg (71.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno0213 View Post
I have the third 12 volt battery & will connect but for now was trying to just get juice down to the foot petal.

I think I need to use a volt meter and check things?

I took the green one and wired everything correct and now not working.

I guess if the solenoid was clicking then it is bad.

The two wires from the key have colors and both go somewhere. On both of mine they are different
Just an FYI, a series wound motor will accelerate until it pops if there is no load to keep the RPM in check.
hllon4whls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

I dug into it more and I found the switch at the bottom by the accelrator which is spring loaded. On the Green Cart someone combined two wires green & another on the Common terminal. Futhermore I found all the Norm Closed Norm Open Etc. so now my wire chart maybe I can make since of. Hard to read scan image printed. The white one has the matching wire colors to the chart.
Anyone know how this spring switch works with the petal?

Anyone know what to check next?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put the carts on jacks so you don't get hurt when they GO! The microswitch at the peddle and the microswitches at the Forward & Rverse switch (F&R) are used to power the carts solenoid which makes the final positive power connection to the motor to run..... The Clicking sound of the solenoid means it is working (or should be) and you can use a jumper wire to hot wire bypass the solenoid if in doubt..... PUT THE CART ON JACK STANDS before trying any of this
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

Thanks in the past I had it on jacks. Maybe that was when I did get the power to spin the wheel.

To jumper the solenoid do I wire the two litle post?

I have no noise from it?
I think both are bad
Old 07-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No. You jumper the solenoid with a battery cable across the 2 big terminals and hang on
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
johnno0213
Not Yet Wild

Put the cart on jacks. Hooked the extra green wire from buzzer to big terminal across from petal terminal. Did jumper on the solenoid with a battery cable across the 2 big terminals this worked added third battery and switched the solenoid from white cart extra and everything works correct!!

However I think I lack juice from the three 12 volt marine batterys or the card runs slow up hill because the seat brake wire is not attached and maybe the brakes are sticking some????

Questions will the boats batterys 3 x 12 = 36 work for a while ?

Is it possible the back brake need to be looked at because seat cable is not attached?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO