lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #91
express
Getting Wild

Default Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

Anyone? How common is this issue?
express is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #92
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by express View Post
Anyone? How common is this issue?
You mean the shaft dropping? Many have done the mod or just eliminated the arm altogether when switching to a BB. I don't think it's a problem...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #93
bikerjoe
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroederfarley View Post
When you are checking your secondary clutch to see if it works properly turn the cart off and remove the drive belt. Grab the inner sheave and the outer sheave of the secondary clutch (one half in each hand) . Hold the outer from moving while turning the inner clockwise towards the rear of the car then release the inner sheave. It should snap back fairly hard and fast . If it does not your clutch is not properly pre loaded and needs to be removed and done properly. We see this alot in cars that come in .

On the "Drive" or YDRA secondary clutches if you have issues with the car reviing up alot before it moves remove the secondary, disassemble it, clean it spotless inside , lightly grease the shaft and the pins for the rollers with Yamaha grease ( we use a different brand but it IS NOT normal grease or that worthless white stuff people love so much ) and reassemble. You should see a noticeable difference in the car after cycling the throttle a few times and driving it.

If you really want some speed out of a gas powered drive, rip the transaxle out, split the cases, remove the input shaft and look at it. You'll see three weights on the end. Pop these past the ring that stops their movement and reassemble. The car will continue to accelerate ...until it blows up. They blow past from time to time on their own and we have had cars that hit 40 mph on the gps when these go bad , so , if you don't care about your warranty, or safety , or blowing stuff up, have at it.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DO ANY OF THIS STUFF AND GET HURT OR BLOW YOUR STUFF UP
I took the three weights out.... will it hurt if I take the governor fork out also?
bikerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #94
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

If you've removed the weights, I think it would be OK to remove the fork and its shaft, also. Tap and plug the hole in the case. I should have done this when I replaced my input shaft, but I left the weights in place...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:36 AM   #95
bikerjoe
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

was thinking should be ok ....plus thanks for hole plug tip .... with the Kawasaki motor the governor is not hooked up but ....was worry more about loose governor parts moving in case housing

Last edited by bikerjoe; 03-24-2015 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: add to
bikerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #96
mclldavidson
Not Yet Wild

Are there any picture tutorials for this? I am not sure if mine is a g16, I think it is though
mclldavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #97
MusicManRyan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carman603 View Post
Thanks to cart de golf! I performed your procedure on my 2008 Drive. My GPS registered 31 mph with standard tires & Mobil 1 oil.
Does anyone know how much oil a G22 receives during an oil change?
MusicManRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #98
dbmachine
Gone Wild

1 full quart
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #99
MusicManRyan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelman View Post
I did the drill out the bracket mod to the govenor on my cart this morning. I checked the speed prior to the mod with a GPS speedo and had a top speed was 19 mph. After the modification my top speed was 34 mph. Quite an improvement. I think I will mount a Tach on the cart just for safety sake as I have nephews who drive the cart once and a while. I bought the cart from a local golf course and it was the fastest cart they had on the course. It definately will be the fastest cart on the course this summer! Yehaw!
I literally laughed out loud when I read this!! 😂👍
Old 07-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #100
MusicManRyan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
1 full quart
Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha