lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
jahenbo
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Fuel Problems

Hey folks,
I am finally getting a chance to work on my cart. When I first got it there was no gas going to the carborator. I ordered and recieved and new fuel pump after changing all the fuel lines, fuel filter and putting pressure on the tank to make sure there were no leaks. I installed the new fuel pump but still get no fuel through the fuel pump to the carb. Can any of you guru's out there give me some ideas that I might check. The only thing I can think of would be a leaking gasket on the crankcase and am really hoping that is not the only possibility.
Jay
jahenbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel Problems

Model / year?
we can help but we need to know what it is
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
jahenbo
Not Yet Wild

Well that is one of my problems. My cart is a Marathon I believe but the spec plate is not on the cart. I posted some pictures in an earlier thread and was told that it is an earlier model marathon. Motor is definitely a two cycle. If you can give me an idea of some other info I could supply I would be more than happy to send it out.
Jay
Old 03-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Does your pump mount on the engine?
It may do you well to go to the yamaha gas and look at the stickie fuel pumps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...fuel-pump.html
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
jahenbo
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, it mounts directly on the crank case.

Just looked at the thread on your Yamaha fuel pump. That is the exact same fuel pump as goes on my cart.

Last edited by jahenbo; 03-23-2010 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Just adding to
Old 03-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Maybe check and see that your pickup tube in the tank is not sucking air?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahenbo View Post
Hey folks,
I am finally getting a chance to work on my cart. When I first got it there was no gas going to the carborator. I ordered and recieved and new fuel pump after changing all the fuel lines, fuel filter and putting pressure on the tank to make sure there were no leaks. I installed the new fuel pump but still get no fuel through the fuel pump to the carb. Can any of you guru's out there give me some ideas that I might check. The only thing I can think of would be a leaking gasket on the crankcase and am really hoping that is not the only possibility.
Jay
gasket(s), blown seals, would be my guess
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
jahenbo
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have any exploded pictures of the engine that would help in breaking it down and putting it back together? I know not knowing the year model kind of causes problems but I'm pretty sure that it is a late 70's to early-mid 80's cart. I wish I could find some info on the age of this cart but the spec tag doesn't correspond with E-Z GO. Thansk for any help ya'll can give me.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
tahititreat
Not Yet Wild

I would try the syphon tube on the tank like Stovebolt said. I have an '89 Ez Go, had air in the lines, couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Took the tube out, seemed like there was no air leaks, finally bought a new one, not a problem since.
tahititreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the pump can't suck it will not work. An air leak in a line on the suction side will not leak gas just cause a no pump condition. The suction side includes the line between the pump and the fuel tank and the pickup tube. I hope it's something simple. Good luck
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO