lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2015, 07:26 AM   #501
cartboy
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Something our tech has brought up, and we have had a couple, is that the electrical connection to the motor brake comes loose. When that happens, it locks up and you're not going anywhere.

You can access it by removing the black plastic panel that is the front of the bagwell (some of ours on this fleet not fitting well), or you can lift the seat and reach back from the driver's side) to make sure the connection is snap-locked firmly.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #502
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Cartboy---
How is fleet doing??
Bump to make this easy to find re. Post on another thread.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #503
berrythegasman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Here is a easy test for the "locked up", "no click", "battery meter empty" trio. I have seen a dc bus low code, the "resistor control module" can cause this. Here is a easy test, disconnect the small black wire that is paired with the pack negative cable on the controller. Try the cart with the small wire connected to nothing. If the cart runs now, the "resistor control module" is bad.
Thank you for this info this was my problem outstanding
berrythegasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #504
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
Cartboy---
How is fleet doing??
Bump to make this easy to find re. Post on another thread.
Sorry I missed this.

Our new-last-year fleet is doing well. This is our third fleet of RXVs.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #505
cartboy
Gone Wild

The battery autofills are not as problematic as on our first two fleets of RXVs, but they are not perfect either.

I watered the batteries this week and 15 valves did not close, so the cells overflowed. That's out of 65 carts, or 1560 valves.

We are attributing the success of this fleet, battery-wise, to the new system used to water the batteries since the fleet arrived. I had to butt heads a bit, but was allowed to purchase this 12-volt ag sprayer:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...sprayer-15-gal

I cut the hose and wand off and attached the E Z Go autofill hose and hose end. We only use distilled water, which I purchase in gallons at WalMart.

I set the sprayer tank on the floorboard of a golf cart, and connect the alligator clips to one of the batteries.

Now I have a mobile battery-servicing cart.

I clear one row of the cart barn with the servicing cart in one place, then do the other three rows of carts where they sit, by driving the servicing cart along the empty first row.

Knocking on wood, we have not had to replace a battery yet. One of my co-workers mentioned that today, and I said, "Let's not talk about it."

Something strange . . . this past week there have been two carts that the driver's side rear wheel has been loose . . . the lug nuts have loosened somehow.

Oh yeah, our E Z Go tech said he recommended our battery watering system to E Z Go.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #506
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
Sorry I missed this.

Our new-last-year fleet is doing well. This is our third fleet of RXVs.
We have had our 2015s for more than a year, and by that time with our 2008s and 2012s we were in the process of replacing batteries. I took over the 2008 fleet in the Spring of 2009, after they had been used only sparingly in the Fall of 2008, and batteries were failing big time.

Yesterday was our first apparent battery failure on the newest fleet. A cart failed on Hole 6, and when we got it in, Battery 4 was 7.8. That is not official until a tech does a load test, but I have found that that is the best/only way for us to identify batteries for him to check.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #507
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yesterday was our first apparent battery failure on the newest fleet. A cart failed on Hole 6, and when we got it in, Battery 4 was 7.8. That is not official until a tech does a load test, but I have found that that is the best/only way for us to identify batteries for him to check.
We had two of these, carts failing on the course, and with one battery measuring low. In the past, they would fail the subsequent load/discharge test.

However, after charging, I used both carts to "run around" for a shift, including doing the entire course, and when I checked the batteries at the end of my shift, they were all good.

So, we have not replaced any batteries yet. I'll try to remember to check how many hours the carts have on them.

I serviced batteries last week and had a dozen auto-valves not close . . . on 65 carts. I write them down, and keep records, to check battery failures against valve failures.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #508
cartboy
Gone Wild

Our current fleet has been in service a little over a year, 8000 AH m/l, and we have not replaced a battery yet. I've got one parked in Time Out that is showing a bad battery, but that is not official yet.

By comparison, at the start of season in 2009, our 2008's already had serious problems. &, in 2013 we were already replacing batteries in our 2012's.

Some people don't appreciate it, or don't think it means anything, but the history of having dealt with these things over the years is invaluable to me.

It's called experience, and I've found that's those who don't have it tend to not appreciate it. Our factory tech has told me the course would be screwed without me, and that's all the gratification I need, a compliment from someone who knows what he's talking about.

I did my last battery service for the season this past week, and had about 20 valves fail to close. Nothing's being done about that, or ever has been.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #509
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
We are attributing the success of this fleet, battery-wise, to the new system used to water the batteries since the fleet arrived. I had to butt heads a bit, but was allowed to purchase this 12-volt ag sprayer:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...sprayer-15-gal

I cut the hose and wand off and attached the E Z Go autofill hose and hose end. We only use distilled water, which I purchase in gallons at WalMart.

I set the sprayer tank on the floorboard of a golf cart, and connect the alligator clips to one of the batteries.

Now I have a mobile battery-servicing cart.

I clear one row of the cart barn with the servicing cart in one place, then do the other three rows of carts where they sit, by driving the servicing cart along the empty first row.

Knocking on wood, we have not had to replace a battery yet. One of my co-workers mentioned that today, and I said, "Let's not talk about it."

Something strange . . . this past week there have been two carts that the driver's side rear wheel has been loose . . . the lug nuts have loosened somehow.

Oh yeah, our E Z Go tech said he recommended our battery watering system to E Z Go.
Regarding this battery-watering system, some from here have contacted me to start using it in their application. I hope it's working as well for you as it is for us.

Here's a heads-up, though.

When I use it, I set it on the floorboard of one of the carts, and I keep the alligator clips attached to the same battery as I do all 65 carts, like I described above.

But, I am not there in the Winter, and I found out those doing it when I'm not there do it differently. They put the tank on a push cart from the kitchen, and push that through the cart barn in the rows between carts. That means they disconnect and reconnect the alligator clips several times.

Well, those clips are "cobbled up". I didn't know why until the Winter guy explained how he does it.

I brought his up to the Pro, and he said something about getting a battery to put on that push cart. That's how it was on the fleet I took care of in Florida.

I'll be surprised if he gets the battery though, because, actually, they don't much care. They don't even keep records of their servicing.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #510
jayjay1234
Not Yet Wild

Forgive me if any of my info is not technically correct. I have a 2014 RXV, It has performed flawlessly until this morning when my wife headed to the Golf Course. The Auto Brake locked up while she was moving forward. I moved it slowly at about 1 mph back to our garage even though it kept locking up. Interestingly, the battery gauge went from full charge to less than 1/2 charge while I was doing this. I called the dealer and they just came to pickup the cart.
Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this problem and what it will take to fix it?
Thanks for your help.
jayjay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO