lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default MPT1200 vs ST Sport II

Can someone help me understand the differences between the MPT1200 and the ST Sport II?

Cosmetically they have some obvious differences but when you look at the overall specs, there doesn't seem to be anything that stands out as significantly different. Yet somehow, one has 400# more bed, load and towing capacity? With the same engine, how is this possible?

See the attached picture for a summary of the specs from the EZGO website where there is a difference. Not too telling to say the least.

As a second line of questioning, Does it change the discussion if you are comparing a 2006 MPT to a 2010 ST SPORT II?

Thanks for any insight...
Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Differences.jpg (96.5 KB, 10 views)
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: MPT1200 vs ST Sport II

The MPT 1200 is 12 inches longer in wheel base. I see numerous differences in the chart you posted.

With the longer wheel base you get higher capacities
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that insight. Yet another example of where knowledgeable people help us new guys. I had not idea that wheel base would make that big of a difference.

That is why I posted the chart. I figured someone would see a difference and be able to explain how it is relevant and no just a subtle change.

So if you had to choose between a 2006 MPT and a 2010 ST Sport, would the larger platform of the MPT be a huge factor (obviously I am trying to keep price out of the conversation).
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I'm a little bias. I have a Workhorse 1200, (the predecessor to the MPT) I use it to move trailers around and love the extra 12 inches in the cart for things like my Honda 20 horse.

I can pull my boat (3500 lbs) with the cart.

So, it depends on what you want to do with the cart.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO