lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
reast
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 CC W/no fire

Hello to everyone, My name is Rick. I have recently been given a dead Club Car product and need your help.
Problem is the motor is firing but not all the time. Motor only fires when the pedal is released. Prior to this it would run. Purchased and installed new ignition coil and pulser coil assembly. Tried one first and then the other. Results are still the same, fires only when the pedal is released and is consistant with the accelorator kill switch. Remove kill wire at the coil and get no fire.

What am I over looking. The new pulser coil has been mounted before I received it. Could it be bad? Could the fly wheel be bad?

Please Help

Thanks
reast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 CC W/no fire

Welcome Rick. There are a series of micro switches which control the power to your ignition system. They are designed to provide power only when the pedal is depressed. Two are behind the F/R switch and one is in the small black box at the end of the accelerator rod. Your problem may lay in these switches? Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

could also be the exitor coil going bad......its located under the flywheel where the wires from the coil go in................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
reast
Not Yet Wild

Hello Again,

I think the coil under the flywhell is the culprit. That coil was purched from a place called LVS Sales and was supposed to be a new one. Well, when it come in, I look at it and could tell that it had already been mounted on something already prior to me getting it. I made arrangements to send it back and are waiting on yet another one to arrive. We have a big race (Indianapolis 500) comming to town all this month and these carts are handy to have around during the month of May. I will be doing good to get this up and running by the end of this week.

Thanks to all of you peole for your help and support. I will post back at a later date and let you all know how I come out.

Thanks so much

Rick
Old 05-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
reast
Not Yet Wild

To: Scottyb

These micro switches you mentioned, they just control wheather the motor will fire or not, right? The actually short out the kill wire. There is no source of battery power going out to any of the coils. that I could tell?

Rick
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
reast
Not Yet Wild

To All,

LVS Sales sent me a used coil to get me through the weekend. I installed it last night. Every thing seem to be working fine at this present time. I do however, need to fix the govener, the linkage wire from the rear end to the control arm on the motor is missing. This car runs more like a cart and from what I have picked up from other forum, this motor will not last long running over the design RPM.

In closing, Thanks again for openly sharing all your knowledge in efforts to help me out.

Sincerely

Rick
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car