lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: by-passed the govenor

I can't remember, I had a clamp on digital tach that stopped working. I think it read about 5K rpm flat out at 30mph on gps, with 11x22s with 15psi in them so they measured 23 tall...but not sure. It might be posted at BU if you look way back maybe 5yr ago but I forget my name over there. It would go faster down a hill but I always let off. No power at all above about 4K the cam is very mild. While the G9 does advance the timing which is good, if you ever looked at the exhaust port you would wonder how any air gets through it. I don't even think my pinky finger will go in there behind the valve. With a hogged airbox and richer jetting it still hardly goes faster the last quarter of carb throttle. It does have stock muffler on it, but with that port I doubt it matters that much.

Now a stock cart with 18 tires might rev harder, I would be afraid of valve float and with the governor turned up high you don't get much more anyway. I don't think the engine on flat ground can pull the 22 ATV tires any faster. If I lower the air pressure in the rears to 8psi like the fronts it slows the cart right down, as the rear is heavier they squat then. The front squats a little but needs it for better bite on the trails or it does not steer as well. Possible that I could get 31 or 32 out of it on pavement with 15psi in all four tires, never tried it, it is really screaming at that speed. I was always going to shim the springs in it, but I don't ride roads much and rarely go that fast on trails, and it is so weak at that rpm anyway so I never did.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha