lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #51
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: got my first cart!! early 80's lots of little issues

I think your on the right track. If the brushes were stuck it isn't going to charge. After installing try reading the voltage again when grounding the small green wire again if it jumps to 18V your good to go.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #52
s1120
Not Yet Wild

OK will do!

And just as a check.... that's remove the green wire from the S/G and ground it right?
s1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #53
racin161
Gone Wild

Yes with it running momentarily ground it and see if you see the increase in voltage.

LOU
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #54
s1120
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Here's the wiring diagram that should be applicable for your '83:

OK. So I'm checking wires on this cart.... I have a small black wire that broke from the ingnitor to the reg.... but it runs???? That's just the ground right? Maybe the ingnighter is grounded somewhere else??? Should I hook it up?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #55
racin161
Gone Wild

Yes it may be grounding through the housing of the igniter connect it .Follow the diagram.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #56
s1120
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
Yes it may be grounding through the housing of the igniter connect it .Follow the diagram.
Done... Still did not fix it thought. :D

So still digging in... Traced all wires and all else looks well. Cleaned all connections, and its good.. I think Ill just pull the S/G and the reg and have them tested out. there is a old school electric rebuild shop in my aera that still works on these things. On a charged battery I only get about a hour or so of run time... I need more then that so I need it working.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #57
s1120
Not Yet Wild

OK a little update on this old cart.. Well spent the winter pulling the kids around the yard on a sled with it.. good fun!!! that turned up a few new issues. Had realy bad top speed, and the clutch changes were strange... well turned out it had toasted motor mounts. For now I clamped the cradle to the swing arms, and now that the weather is getting better, Im going to pop mounts in. Clamping the cradle fixed most of the odd ball shifting. Whenever the belt tryed to clime up on the pulley it moved the engine over...

Next... traction. Or lack of it.... BIG time needs tires!! Im planing on popping on some 20" ATV tires on the stock rims. Looks like they will clear, if not, ill shim up the suspention a little. Do you NEED 4ply tires on these carts, or is 2ply OK to use???

Charging... Well she is still not charging. So far ive worked with it... but I need to fix it. Ive checked the wires, and all looks well... checked the brushes and look well... going to have to brake down and send it out I think..

Rear springs... Well with me and another person or two on it its WAYYYY too soft!! [mind you... im a big guy... 6'3" 250+... so thats not helping...] Bottoms out all the time. So I need to come up with some springs...

Other then that, things are going OK... Working the bugs out, and wife and kids love the thing!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO