lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
AMF SKIDADDLER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Looking for carb...1972 ezgo 2cyc

Ive searched the web till my eyes crossed trying to find a carb for my 1972 EZGO anyone have a good dealer that sells older parts?
AMF SKIDADDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking for carb...1972 ezgo 2cyc

Vintagegolfcartparts.com is where I would start. I know it isn't listed on their site, but I would call them, they can probably point you in the right direction.
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
AMF SKIDADDLER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea i came across that site...but couldnt find a listing for that year..yea i think ill give them a call THANKS!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

AMF... there is a stamp number on the side of that carb. Reference that number on the internet... you'll be able to find it based on the part or model number. I've played with some OLD OLD motors, some of which were old and parts were no longer available. I've found once you get the numbers off the carb, you can wither find another or a suitable substitute.

On another note... PICTURES, we need pictures!
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
AMF SKIDADDLER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks kuhn dog, the only writing on the carb i saw siad "japan" which kind of worries me....still doing some research on finding a new carb for it.....i have to put the choke on and off several times before it wants to take off then it runs fine until i come to a complete stop then i have to choke it again...(hot or cold)....hoping the prob is the carb ive already torn it apart twice and cleaned it....here are a few pics at your requestgolf.jpg

golf 2.jpg

golf carb.jpg

golf engine.jpg
Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
jackk frost
Not Yet Wild

check amazon and EBAY
jackk frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

I love it AMF.... thats a sweet old cart! As for the carb, you might want to look or shop for a Marathon carb... that looks similar to those used on the early 80's 2 stroke Marathon carts. EzGo didnt make many changes in the early days, thats why the carts all look the same through the mid 80's.

I have to ask though, does that headlight turn when you turn the steering wheel? Some of the old EzGo's had a pivoting head lamp...
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

That carb looks a HECK of a lot like a Mikuni BV18. If a replacement is needed a BV24 should work, is 33% larger, and is cheaper last time I looked a few months ago. BV24 carbs are usually listed as "for 88 only" but should bolt up to the other 2pgs just fine.

EDIT:

The Mikuni info may be wrong, in fact I think it is.... the ears on your carb are offset so the float will be level, a BV24 and I believe the newer BV18 has straight mounting ears due to the "twist" for being level on the newer carts is in the manifold itself and not the carb. Your entire engine is different, though I believe that is still a Mikuni BV18, just with "crooked ears"

I also just noticed from the pic, either your drive belt is super worn or your driven (rear end) clutch is jacked up and not closing all the way - at a stop the belt should ride at the top of the sheaves, not down in the middle like that. The drive (motor) clutch and belt position look alright.

ALSO, (I just keep thinking of stuff ) the carburetor saying Japan shouldn't worry you at all - the entire engine is Japanese! As you work on the cart you'll notice the bolts on the engine are metric, whilst they are standard throughout the rest of the cart. The engine was designed by Robin, a name belonging to Fuji Heavy industries (just like Subaru engines today).
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #9
AMF SKIDADDLER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That would be cool if the headlight turned with the wheel, but it doesnt it probably will be replaced with something different down the road...i have some great ideas for this cart but i forsee this becoming a winter project....hey thanks 93 for your comments i appreciate any information about this cart and its parts as this is the first buggie i get to tinker with!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

LED strips look really good on those carts. Amazon sells an 8 light LED pair, made by Sylvania. Those, mounted under the front lip of the hood, look sweet. Plus, they draw very little amperage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO