lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
sadtaco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question DIY wiring for lighting

Hey fellas, new here and glad I found this site.
My pops has a 1990 G2 he inherited from his dad when he passed away in 2012, and had it shipped from Sun City, AZ where everyone has a gas cart to his home in Bellingham, WA. Right now my dad and mom are wintering over in Arizona and South America (shakes fist), so I have been tricking his cart out.

I've got the whole thing torn apart, and I am pretty mechanically inclined (I partially rebuilt my 2002 Ducati M750 and 1973 Honda CB500). I did a lot of work to the engine, and have it going 10Mph faster than previously; 32Mph as of now. I also ripped out all of the old wiring for the lights, signals, and brake switch and am in the process of rewiring that. I've left the voltage regulator, ignitor, battery leads, solenoid, and starter alone however. I did replace the coil and spark plug though.

I've read lots of diagrams, and it seems fairly simple. The burning question I have though, is do I need to route through the voltage regulator for the headlights, turn signals, and taillights, or can I bypass the regulator as long as I have inline fuses? My wiring consists of:

1) 18gauge positive with 10amp inline fuse for the headlights, ran through a on/off switch on the dash. The lights themselves are Blazer fog lights using 55watt Halogen bulbs, grounded individually up front.

2) Stock Ducati Monster turn signals ran though a standard blinker I bought at the auto parts store to a three way on/off/on toggle switch. I've also got flushmount 3 way taillights (turn, stop, on) on the same circuit as the turn signals.

Originally, I had the turn signals and the headlights on the same positive circuit, but when I turned the headlights on, the turn signals lit dimly and did not flash. They would flash normally if I did not have the headlights on. So I am going to rewire and separate the headlights from the signals and taillights. Just wondering though if I need to use the regulator for any of this.
sadtaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, lights wiring, signals, yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha