lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #21
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Lithium Battery Upgrade

not going the bms route.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No BMS is a very bad idea with Lithium! There is no margin for error either on over or undercharge on any cell.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #23
brettontsmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

PingEye3- your conversion has inspired me to do a lithium upgrade for myself. My biggest question is, what did you do with regard to bypassing the OBC? Did you connect the white and blue wires coming out of the OBC 6 pin connector? what did you do with the black and red wires that come out of the factory charge receptacle? I'm guessing they were not used because the packs use their own red/black charging wires with an anderson connector.
brettontsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #24
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bretton, I mounted my charger on board on the side of the 6 cell pack. I then installed a Leviton 5278-C (15 Amp, 125 Volt, Flanged Inlet Receptacle, Straight Blade, Industrial Grade, Grounding, White) in place of the original charge receptacle and hardwired the charger AC in and DC out. I am not using the Anderson plugs that Nick is currently supplying. So, I just plug an extension cord into my cart. My cart is stored in our cart barn at the club. My original plan for the charger was to hang it from the ceiling like all the others and install a new Club Car charger plug on the Lithium charger, thus making use of the original receptacle in the cart. But I prefer everything on board. It worked out great. Yes, I removed the OBC, but it is the Lt Blu and Red, not Wht and Yel. I cut the connector off the OBC and left it plugged into the cart harness. I then spliced the two and capped the others.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Leviton 5278-C Male Receptacle.pdf (114.7 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #25
LVLUP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello PingEye - Are you still in the Orlando area? I am looking to update my '12 Precedent with a Leaf-based lithium pack and new motor, etc. I would like to target 25-30 mph+. Any chance you'd be willing to collaborate and assist me on the project? I'm quite technically and mechanically handy but this is a little outside of my wheelhouse. I looked for a way to direct message you here but I could not find it.

Edit: One curiosity I have in particular is if it's possible to use an onboard BMS and charger which will take either the common GE-style or Tesla-style charging ports often offered at public EV parking spaces.
LVLUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #26
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

LVLUP, I cannot contact you with a mesage. I got this response from the BGW site. LVLUP has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her. You may need to change your settings on the USER CP page, Edit Options to receive messages. You can try sending me a private message with your contact info as well.

I am more than willing to help you with the project.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #27
LVLUP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
LVLUP, I cannot contact you with a mesage. I got this response from the BGW site. LVLUP has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her. You may need to change your settings on the USER CP page, Edit Options to receive messages. You can try sending me a private message with your contact info as well.

I am more than willing to help you with the project.
I wonder if I may be in a probationary / new member period since I cannot see a setting to allow people to send me a PM, nor can I seem to find a way to send one. If you don't mind, drop me an email at [removed to prevent potential spam] and we can connect - thanks!
Old 12-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #28
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you clarify the email address?
Old 12-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #29
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

LVLUP, if you havn't sourced your batteries yet, I may can help.
I don't think you would be able to utilize the charge ports you are referring to as you won't be anywhere near that voltage.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #30
LVLUP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Can you clarify the email address?
Edit: removed to prevent possible spam =)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car