lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Another Battery Question

I have read the battery guide sticky but have a question. It says to not let it drop below a 50% charge when breaking in new batteries. I just read the facts page on the US battery website and it says to never let it go below 80% of their capacity. What is the correct percentage?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Another Battery Question

This is a learning experience for me guys so bare with me I have read some more and this is my understanding so far.

This is for a 48v cart.

One should never run the batteries below 80% discharge or 46.63v pack voltage, correct?

A 50% or less discharge is recommended or another words not let the pack go below 48.41v, correct?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you can help it try and not let them go below 50% but if your out with the cart and you can,t help it what are ya gonna do right? i would never let them get below 80% if possible .................as for whos right or wrong??? who knows you just have to use common sense i guess.............there are so many other little varibles that if you dwell on it your head will start spinning.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Arrow Re: Another Battery Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if you can help it try and not let them go below 50% but if your out with the cart and you can,t help it what are ya gonna do right? i would never let them get below 80% if possible .................as for whos right or wrong??? who knows you just have to use common sense i guess.............there are so many other little varibles that if you dwell on it your head will start spinning.......................
My head is still spinning strong So not going below 50% I would want to keep the pack voltage at 48.41v or higher, correct? And never run it below 80% or a pack voltage of 46.63v or lower, correct?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yep.............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yep.............................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car