lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #21
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: 90% complete Yamaha G2 7" lift 50hp ex500 cart

Next thing i will do is cut up both engine harnesses, he kept both intact so he could go back, now nobody want too so i can chop everything unused out.

cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
coolpool
Getting Wild

I shudder just looking at that spaghetti. She's going to be sweet when your all done.
coolpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #23
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Cool rig - Seems as if it is idling way too high but maybe that's just the video.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #24
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Probably, its supposed to idle at 1100, its up to around 2000. Hard to tell sound reflects off the concrete. Cheap ebay wired tach soon
Old 05-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #25
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Small setback, my truck has a lifter out and you have to pull the motor to change all of them so i am out taking the cart back to my brother for measurement and design, unless i measure at home, and im out about 3k to fix the truck. The wiring and the exhaust dont cost much so ill do those next. I might mess with the rear lift first, it needs to be stronger in the rear and a drop offset swingarm.

Here is a video of my brother neighbor at the off road park

Tuttlepuddle rolls hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7shyDten4s
Old 05-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #26
newbrian
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
Motor is mounted to the swingarm of the g2, pretty close like yours except it is easier to mount it. I dislike the motor mounts and rear lift i plan on redoing that in the winter, i might make the motor not move with the axel if i can. It could be air but i think its the exhaust heat being trapped in the motor box and a lack of air moving around the motor. Ill get some more pictures when i can.
Im glad to hear your overheating is under control. I don't have my exhaust wrapped but most of it is in the air flow because I used the stock pipes which go down vs up. you should not have over heating issues on a water cooled engine due to engine compartment temps. High compartment temps would cause vapor lock if anything. It is possible that your thermostat was bad. I look forward to the pics.
newbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #27
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Yeah it will vapor lock before overheating. I drove it around my neighborhood in the mud and learned more things. I picked up a pipe bender

Needs new chain
Belt drive
fender flares
Mirrors
Winsheild

Old 05-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #28
newbrian
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Lol. Sounds like you got muddy. I would go with a bigger belt than I have on mine. I think the 500 would kill H100 belts. They are rated for a 20 HP electric motor which has way more torque than my 250 ninja.
newbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #29
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Not much done yet, wont have big updates till i take care of the pickup. Went to my brothers house and got some cart things, chain, cables, speed sensor. I did some yard work with the cart, which is the reason i wanted a cart in the first place, muffler connection on drivers side fell off. I opened her up and fixed that and put on 32 links of new 50 chain. Chain was so rusted and wore that it was 2 links longer than the new. When i redo the motor mounts ill probably make the motor move to tension the chain. Right now its tight and quiet ill probably skip a belt drive.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:35 AM   #30
coolpool
Getting Wild

Glad she quietened down for you. Would have been a pita to put a belt on I bet
coolpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps