lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #11
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 220 too small???

Hey tyhuck I'm working on a bayou 220 swap now, but the donor cart is a club car (aluminum frame)kind of a pain, I can't just weld everything I have to make brackets to bolt on, I don't think i'll gain much weight on the build, I also thought about reversing my rear wheels, flip the valve stem to the other side and use tubes or just weld up the holes, you can gain a few inches there. also their are a few guys out there that's done this, I looked over their builds for ideas, (Unforgiven, chevytrucks 84, 4gboretta,capt insano,.) to name a few, good luck on your build can't wait to see some pics.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #12
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had been looking have been doing my research for a while, and have looked at most of those builds. I was hoping to find some using the same combination I was, but I guess its not that common.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Started the teardown of the golf cart. Its an 83, and was in pretty bad shape. Got all of the body panels off and stared cutting all the rusted out battery trays and stuff out. Havent gotten any pics, but stay tuned. Pics will come once the actual build starts. Right now its just a big rusted mess.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #14
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Will be watching your build, just dropped motor in mine today nothing hooked up doing a little trim work, and exhaust fit up, getting ready to order spacers on ebay 4@2" a piece that will give me 8 inches plus another 3 if I flip the rims. I know this build is gonna take me some time and its nice to see other projects going, so good luck on the build and post pics,I might need to steal and idea or two.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Will be watching your build, just dropped motor in mine today nothing hooked up doing a little trim work, and exhaust fit up, getting ready to order spacers on ebay 4@2" a piece that will give me 8 inches plus another 3 if I flip the rims. I know this build is gonna take me some time and its nice to see other projects going, so good luck on the build and post pics,I might need to steal and idea or two.
You going to stack spacers? Everywhere I have read says that's a no no. I'm a engineer by trade I have had those spacers get loose and wheels pass me at speed. I just don't know if stacking is a good idea.(and I have asked the same question) I had a lot of trouble getting width out of my 350 Honda. I actually run 3" per side spacers and a extreme offset wheel.

Ironmonkey? do you have a build thread?

Tyhuck,.. good luck on your build. I know where you coming from on the rust.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #16
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

First off, I'd hesitate to stack spacers as well. Monkey, I hope they stay tight and you don't lose a wheel.

Tyhuck, good luck on your build! Just keep plugging away and you will get it done. It's always nice/fun too enjoy the fruits of ones labor.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:06 PM   #17
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Here is my setup for my ezgo,... 12X9 rear rims with a +4.5 offset. (I think)
3" dimond J spacers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg high offset wheels.jpg (139.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear rim.jpg (133.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2289.JPG (139.6 KB, 0 views)
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #18
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the frame stripped of all rust and nonessential parts today. Just gotta add back some of the parts that are essential that were so far gone they had to be removed and replaced.

Gotta replace the front seat supports, the frame cross brace, and the outer rocker rails. Cant decide if I want to use angle iron or square tubing. Might also have to cut a section of the frame and re-engineer it on the passenger side to clear the transmission cover on my engine. Im gonna have to offset the engine to the passenger side to center the output shaft of the transmission, so that it lines up with the differential. Remember, Im gonna try swapping the shorter driver side axel tube and shaft for a longer passenger side tube and shaft. Figured it will bolt right up, or at the most require a couple new holes drilled in the flange. Should turn out pretty nice, and net me an extra 8" or so that I need.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #19
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
You going to stack spacers? Everywhere I have read says that's a no no. I'm a engineer by trade I have had those spacers get loose and wheels pass me at speed. I just don't know if stacking is a good idea.(and I have asked the same question) I had a lot of trouble getting width out of my 350 Honda. I actually run 3" per side spacers and a extreme offset wheel.

Ironmonkey? do you have a build thread?

Tyhuck,.. good luck on your build. I know where you coming from on the rust.
Unforgiven here is my build thread, and I know what you mean on the stacking of the spacers, that's why I'm going to use stover lock nuts, they go on tight all the way down the stud, I thought about nylons but the stovers go on harder.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ome-input.html

Tyhuck, .. I hope you took some pics of the rust and cut up your doing , love to see when people bring back toys that most people would pay a scrap man to pick it up. there was a build where the guy had to cut a good size tree growing up through the middle of the cart, it looked like it was gonna be a good one to follow.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #20
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, frame is all cleaned and I began reconstruction. Disregard the front frame section from the old 4 -wheeler. It was just there for my own personal reference at this point to estimate how much I would have to widen the suspension. But, you can see that all of the battery related components are gone, as well as most of the battery compartment. Basically anything that was exposed to the batteries was junk, except the seat frame for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1556.jpg (118.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps