lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO DCS upgrade

First off, many thanks for all the help so far and input given to me being a first time cart owner.

With the DCS cart...currently all stock...

I am replacing the cables to 2Awg...all of them.
I am replacing all the batteries....new set 235 AH.

It has been suggested that an Alltrax 400 and new selinoid matches well with the stock motor and would give me 18 to 20 mph.

Is there anything to be concerned about with the controller in terms of driving the cart too fast or burning up the motor or anything else?

The cart will be on flat streets...no hills...and i do not plan on larger tires or anything like that. The only additional thing would be to put in a rear seat that kids will ride sometimes.

I want the cart to be reliable and not something my kids could burn up by not knowing they can't drive it full speed or something like that...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO DCS upgrade

An Alltrax 400 should do nicely.. The newest model XCT has quite a few bells and whistles and pretty much should be a direct plug and play.. I have one new in the box waiting on me to get off my butt and install it..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO DCS upgrade

Comparing the Alltrax DCX version to the new XCT version is akin to comparing your old flip phone to a new smart phone. The technology in the XCT is that far advanced. I suggest spending the extra $50 to get the newer technology.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO