lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Navitas 600 Amp controller opinions and suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty01 View Post
Hopefully not in the mirror
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #22
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

So I ordered the 500 amp Alltrax and 2 awg wire kit from David at revolutiongolfcarts.com today. As you all said he took great care of me! Thank you everyone for the advice and input.
Forty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You will be very pleased with your decision!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #24
TheCableGuy
Not Yet Wild

In the interest of giving a true opinion as someone who uses both systems, I'll post this even though it will surely get flamed.

It's really sad to see people who haven't used the product knock it. Like the people who heard from their neighbor that his sister's aunt's cousin had one and it was nothing but problems. I run an Alltrax XCT in my hunting cart. It's a great unit. I run a Madjax600 in my street cart. It blows the XCT out of the water as far as ease of use and function. I hear the vendors talking about program files and user modification, but what isn't said is that in order to do so you have to plug in a computer and run software for it with the alltrax if you don't have the user control panel. (which the average user will never do) And then I see the vendor say the user control panel is bad, yet Alltrax sells the very same thing for the XCT line. If that feature destroyed parts, it wouldn't be sold by every major player in the market.

At the OP, I think you'll be perfectly happy with with David sells you from Revolution. In my past dealings with him he seems to be an amicable guy.
TheCableGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I don't think you will get flamed - Why? There is no benefit to that for experience or sharing with others. After all, that's what we are all here for.

Look back at some of my posts, there have been some that are contrary to popular belief, but that does not change the fact that they are correct for me and my experience.

I am a little surprised when you state the Madjax "blows" the XCT away for ease of use and function and that is what I found them (XCT) to be best at. Again, that is my personal opinion and I love that it gives the end user so many custom fields to tweak and play with to truly customize their own needs. And I do not know anyone (not saying there is not someone) that does not know that to make the changes they just download the Alltrax Toolkit and use a PC to make it happen. There website states it all over and the links cover a lot of it and includes many pictures and troubleshooting tips.

Anyways, I will not say Alltrax is the only way to go, but I will say it is a great way to go and a lot of people have experienced its benefits, just as you have even more so with your Madjax.

(Note to self, "Go to TheCableGuy's place and ride his carts!")
Old 08-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #26
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well I already sent the Navitas controller back and install the Alltrax. I think one of the bigger features to me was the cooling fan on the Alltrax. It seems like you would get longer peak performance out of that controller.
That being said I'm sure the Navitas controller is good, and many have had positive experiences with it. I guess I look at it in the same way I look at products on Amazon, the more and better reviews a product has the more likely I am to go that route. When I have the money to try both set ups on different carts I'll be sure to do so but for now I can only afford to do one and I just wanted to be right.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #27
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Either way I really appreciate your input and think it's great that there's a place where were able to have discussions about these things without ragging each other's decisions.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #28
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Either way I really appreciate your input and think it's great that there's a place where were able to have discussions about these things without ragging each other's decisions.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Dang, I knew I should have been more pronounced in my dissertation and used more expletives!!
Old 08-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #30
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Dang, I knew I should have been more pronounced in my dissertation and used more expletives!!
Lmao

Tags
600 amp, controller, navitas, otf
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car