lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
sefh
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help 48 volt moves slow

I charged my batteries up and then added water. Distilled of course. All of my batteries are well above 8 volts. I'm putting out 48 plus volts. I will measure exact if needed. My cart moves really slow forward. If I slowly depress gas pedal it will move straight no hills. If I smash the gas it bucks and doesn't move at all. I have not reset the obc yet. Should I? What should I check to get this cart moving again?
sefh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
sefh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help 48 volt moves slow

A9570 is what my serial number starts with.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Remove and clean each battery terminal one at a time. Do not disconnect a second terminal until the first one is clean and tight. This way, you will not get them mixed up. Be careful not to touch the end you remove to anything else on the cart. Sparks and fireworks are not good.... Often a battery terminal can be corroded even though it looks ok. Remove and clean to be sure.
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And then check your v-glide/potentiometer. Your wiper arm could be out of alignment or your contacts burnt/bad....

And when you are cleaning the cables, take the pack negative off and leave it off until you are done.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #5
sefh
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I will clean them and report back.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
sefh
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
And then check your v-glide/potentiometer. Your wiper arm could be out of alignment or your contacts burnt/bad....

And when you are cleaning the cables, take the pack negative off and leave it off until you are done.
Where might I find that and how do I test it. My son had the whole neighborhood on it driving it like a dune buggy so I'm sure something went out of whack.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html are the drawings. Click on it and find your year cart. The v-glide/multistep potentiometer is under your seat drivers side. There are linkages outside and the arm is inside.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car