lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
tlsu1112
Not Yet Wild

Default Best Rain Enclosure

I have a 2014 Club Car Precedent with 6 inch lift and would like to put a rain enclosure over the top on it. Any recommendations? Its a has the rear seats on it with a short roof.

Moderator can you please move this to the appropriate section in the forum.
tlsu1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2018, 02:16 AM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best Rain Enclosure

I bought an enclosure for my 2012 Precedent from Classic Accessories https://classicaccessories.com/golf/...art-enclosures.

Mine is a standard cart used for golf so they have an enclosure that fits perfectly. I don't know what they will have for yours.

All I can say is that I'm very happy with the quality and fit of the enclosure I got for mine.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Over 1000 private carts in my club neighborhood they all have the classic sunbrella enclosure that is on the track system. Every other place I have been to in FL has the same. They roll down and snap and zipper at doors when you need them and roll back up when not in use. The reason why I like these the best is because they don't cover the whole roof up, I never liked the fabric over the roof personally more to get weathered and rip/tear,etc. They come in various colors. Work great.

I am not sure about finding an exact fit for your cart with the rear seat since you only have the standard top. There is nothing sticking out past the rear seat to support an enclosure to cover the back whereas there would be with a longer extended top. May have to custom make something unless you are ok with rear seat not being covered.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:53 AM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
...snip...I never liked the fabric over the roof personally more to get weathered and rip/tear,etc....snip...
It's good to see that everyone is different. I like the fully enclosed one because I think it is more weatherproof when the whole cart is covered. Mine comes off, folds easily and goes away in its own bag for storage. It only takes a couple of minutes to put it back on when required, otherwise it stays off and out of the way. It never gets any sun damage because it's only on when it rains.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:07 AM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With a short roof and rear seat you will probably have to DIY a rear strut to hold up the back of the cover. We have a TXT with a cargo bed. I made a strut sorta like a covered wagon for the back edge of the bed. Works well.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
bospider01
Getting Wild
Club Car

whats the tip for cleaning the clear "windows" of the enclosures? what do yall use?
bospider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Distilled water is all you want to put on Windows. To remove dirt you can use mild dish washing soap, but rinse with distilled water and let it air dry. Do not wipe.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #8
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bospider01 View Post
whats the tip for cleaning the clear "windows" of the enclosures? what do yall use?
Meguiar's make a good product called PlastX for rigid or flexible clear plastics. I used to use it on the rear window of my first MX-5 (Miata) which just had a clear plastic rear window.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car