lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
AKavanaughSC
Not Yet Wild

Default LED Lightbar Upgrade Questions / Recommendations

Referenced golf cart: 2005 EXGO TXT Sepex PDS Drive System. ADDED: Standard front and rear lights that turn on with the key one click past ON. No turn signal or brake light package.

Being bored awaiting my XCT500PDS (ordered today, thanks ScottyB!) I decided that I want to upgrade the stock bulb lightbar to an LED lightbar. First, I googled “EZGO TXT LED Lightbar” and of course all kinds of things pop up. Investigating further, they all physically look like an exact replacement and say so as well; however, reading the comments many people were saying it was not a plug and play, wires had to be spliced and hardwired, voltage reducer was required, etc…

Then I came on here to do some research before I posted. Found a good amount of information, but not really what I’m looking for. This will be an upgrade as the lightbar already exists, quite a few of the threads were about a new install.

So here are the questions. Does anyone know of a LED lightbar that is really plug and play? I don’t mind splicing and hardwiring, but obviously this method would be the easiest. If there is no true plug and play LED lightbars, do y’all recommend any particular one? If I already have a lightbar installed, shouldn’t there already be a voltage reducer somewhere in the wiring? Not really sure on this.

Looking for just a front lightbar, will keep the standard rear lights.

Attached picture of current wiring to lightbar.

Thanks in advance for all assistance/recommendations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lightbar Wiring.jpg (184.8 KB, 0 views)
AKavanaughSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
Glade Rider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Lightbar Upgrade Questions / Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKavanaughSC View Post
Referenced golf cart: 2005 EXGO TXT Sepex PDS Drive System. ADDED: Standard front and rear lights that turn on with the key one click past ON. No turn signal or brake light package.

Being bored awaiting my XCT500PDS (ordered today, thanks ScottyB!) I decided that I want to upgrade the stock bulb lightbar to an LED lightbar. First, I googled “EZGO TXT LED Lightbar” and of course all kinds of things pop up. Investigating further, they all physically look like an exact replacement and say so as well; however, reading the comments many people were saying it was not a plug and play, wires had to be spliced and hardwired, voltage reducer was required, etc…

Then I came on here to do some research before I posted. Found a good amount of information, but not really what I’m looking for. This will be an upgrade as the lightbar already exists, quite a few of the threads were about a new install.

So here are the questions. Does anyone know of a LED lightbar that is really plug and play? I don’t mind splicing and hardwiring, but obviously this method would be the easiest. If there is no true plug and play LED lightbars, do y’all recommend any particular one? If I already have a lightbar installed, shouldn’t there already be a voltage reducer somewhere in the wiring? Not really sure on this.

Looking for just a front lightbar, will keep the standard rear lights.

Attached picture of current wiring to lightbar.

Thanks in advance for all assistance/recommendations.
Harbor Freight 22" LED Light Bar
Glade Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
Glade Rider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Harbor Freight 22" Light Bar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LED2.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg LED1.jpg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
Glade Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The picture posted looks like the stock EZGO light bar rather than the body mounted lights.

----------
Google EZGO LED lightbar. You'll get several hits.

Also, you might find LED replacements for the halogen bulbs in the OEM lightbar.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
AKavanaughSC
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB, thanks for the suggestion, that didn't even occur to me as I didn't even know they made these. Going to go with LED replacements for the stock OEM lightbar. $14.99 (delivered via Amazon Prime) with simple installation vs. $80-150 for a new LED light bar, which may require splice wiring sounds like a no brainier. Not trying to light up the world, only provide more light than what I had before, plus LEDs are much better on the battery.

Thanks again!
Old 01-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKavanaughSC View Post
JohnnieB, thanks for the suggestion, that didn't even occur to me as I didn't even know they made these. Going to go with LED replacements for the stock OEM lightbar. $14.99 (delivered via Amazon Prime) with simple installation vs. $80-150 for a new LED light bar, which may require splice wiring sounds like a no brainier. Not trying to light up the world, only provide more light than what I had before, plus LEDs are much better on the battery.

Thanks again!
If the LED replacement bulbs don't put out enough light, add an additional LED lightbar or a couple of LED floods.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:45 AM   #7
AKavanaughSC
Not Yet Wild

Purchased and installed two LED replacement bulbs. They seem to work great, but unfortunately I can't tell how well due to the battery issue I posted today. Once that is resolved, I will try out again and let everyone know.

I purchased these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it's not enough light, I will be looking into the light bar. Thanks for the suggestions.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO