lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2015 Precedent squeak

2015 Precedent all stock is making a nasty squeak. Seems worse when going over bumps at an angle. I can recreate the noise by rocking the cart back and forth. Bushings look to be in good shape and I have slathered it with silicone.

Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEyR-wIUcbk
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent squeak

That is definitely bushings. You can hear the drag when you rock the cart. When you spray them, you are not getting to the inner pin, only the outer grommet. May be time for a set. You have them in the from and in the springs. Fairly cheap and you can get an upgraded set. I went with urethane last time around....(humidity plays into the older bushings doing that too)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wow - interesting, i had no idea.

Yeah I might as well do all of them then. Couple of questions...

1) Are the urethane ones much louder? I mean I guess at this point anything's an improvement - I was just under the impression rubber was quieter.

2) is it as straightforward as it looks to install? Take load off suspension and remove/insert new one. Right?

Thanks
Old 03-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Not a bad job if you take your time and have everything ready to work on. A 2015 are probably not worn out, but just dry or humidity is adding to it. Look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/s...sion-precedent and then be sure to Call David and let him guide you on what is best to fit your need.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #5
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Awesome - yeah I've worked with David - actually I got the cart from him. Really good guy to work with. I'll see what he's got. Thanks again
Old 03-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like the rear ones this time. Last time it was in the shop I replaced the entire front suspension with a newer one because the control arm bushings were making noise. It seemed to remedy the front issues. At the time, the rear didn't sound anything like this. Brett, If you'll loosen up on the upper shackle bolts before you spray them with lube you'll probably fine where it becomes much more effective. This time of year when it's cooler they tend to squeak worse than they do in the summer when they're hot and softer. If you wanna throw a brand new set of bushings in it, just let me know. We can do that too. Nolefan is correct about the urethane ones. They're far superior to rubber. That's what we'll use.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:48 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Silicone spray is about useless.
Garage door lube works better but even still it maybe helps for a few weeks and you’re right back to squeaking.

Unbolt them, slide the pins out of the middle and coat them good with silver anti-seize compound. Puts lots of it in the center of the bushings too. Back together and you’ll be squeak free for years as long as you’re not driving in sand or mud all the time. Makes a hell of a mess so wear gloves and have a roll of paper towels on hand to wipe off some of the excess after tightening the bolts back up.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:11 AM   #8
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys. I actually tried lubing it again last night. Used a white lithium spray and just went to town on it. I'm happy to report it's about 80% better. I started with the rear leaf bushings but it didn't make a big difference. For me the lion's share of the noise was coming from the 2 long, middle control arm bushings.

I'm going to see how this does for now. Hopefully it lasts at least a few weeks. If not I'll be giving you a call David.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:22 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett92 View Post
Thanks guys. I actually tried lubing it again last night. Used a white lithium spray and just went to town on it. I'm happy to report it's about 80% better. I started with the rear leaf bushings but it didn't make a big difference. For me the lion's share of the noise was coming from the 2 long, middle control arm bushings.

I'm going to see how this does for now. Hopefully it lasts at least a few weeks. If not I'll be giving you a call David.
I've got a used double A-Arm lift kit and a set of used tires and wheels with about 75% tread on them. I can let them go cheap if you're interested. We can put new bushings in the rear when we put that on. Not sure if you're interested in a lifted cart but that should remedy your issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car