lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

View Poll Results: Do you like this build?
yes 8 38.10%
no 0 0%
very much! 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #21
MACSBOOST
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: GSXR 600 Build frame up

The cvt will be plenty strong.

If you go straight to the rear end, even in sixth gear, your peak speed will be too low.

I had to gear up from the rear end to the CVT, then the cvt provides further increase from there.

I dont think you will be happy with a direct chain drive to the stock rear end.
MACSBOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #22
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mac,

I ORDERED THE HIGH SPEED GEARS already and have the diff apart. I may go with the CVT still... I want to wait til Mac has his back together before making a final decsion.

Mac, witht he high speed gears in mine, and an 18 tooth sprocket on the engine, what sprockets do u suggest for the jackshaft using a CVT from Tom?
fritster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #23
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

QUESTIONS about my Ezgo transaxle, 1992,

Could anyone please tell me

Which gear besides the large one on the diff unit has to be changed?

What parts do I remove if I want to remove the governor?

Does anyone make a posi kit for it?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tested the rear suspension by jumping up and down on the rear frame and it works great, excpet for the shocks being to darn stiff. I used the front shocks off a 400 ex... in new condition and they are really stiff.

I have them angled at 30 degrees and they are still to stiff. I weigh 215 and can only compress them about 3 inches when bouncing up and down hard. The engine is not in yet, but the swing arm/axle and tires will carry most of that weight, which is only like 200 lbs.

Any sugestions? Do you think I should try some VW coil overs or the VW long travel coil overs to get a softer spring that will allow the rear to flex and articulate more?
Old 06-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OKAY GUYS,

I hope enough are still reading to answer my questions.

Decision made, for now it will be chain sprocket, 18 tooth to an 11 tooth on the shaft with high speed 6:1 gears in the diff and the diff governor taken out. Using a 520 chain.

I need a shift cable for the reverse/forward, keeping in mind that this EZGO has been lengthened 10 inches. Will the workhorse cable be long enough?

I also need a shifter and a cable that will work on the M/C engine.

I guess I will use the MC gear shift lever that mounts on the engine (foot shifter) cut the end off and fab it up to connect to the cable and shifter that I buy?

I have a B&M ratchet shifter, but I do not think it will work because it actually moves the cable forward or backward in increments every-time you ratchet, rather than pushing/pulling and returning to original position like what is needed to simulate the shift process of the BIKE.

Any recommendations for a type of shifter and cable that would work here? I want something nice looking rather than just home built if there is anything?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #26
franol6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Fritster,

I don't know if this will work for your particular application but I had someone on here recomend using a morse push/pull cable (you can find them on the JEGS website). I'm planning on installing one on a CBR 600 engine I have going in my cart. They come in various lengths, and look strong enough to do the job. As far as the shift lever goes, I have no idea for aftermrket: I'm using round tube for mine. Hope that helps.
franol6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #27
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

If I recall correctly, the red morse cable is spiral wound cable and made for more of a bend but not as good with pushing as pulling but the grey morse cable is made with solid "cable" and makes less of a bend but is better for push/pull uses.I read a lot on shifters on www.minibuggy.net Lot of info on there as most of the buggies use motorcycle engines for powerplants.Some really good info on all kinds of stuff.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #28
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks richie and franol6. I may decide to fab my own shifter and will just need the right cable. Will try and read some on the buggy forum for ideas.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #29
MACSBOOST
Not Yet Wild

Get a 20 tooth sprocket for your motor
MACSBOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #30
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mac,

The largest one I could find was an 18 tooth so i bought it. Do you know if they make a 20 tooth and will it fit on my GSXR 600 wothout any mods?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps