lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
wyldewood
Not Yet Wild

Default Automatic Battery charger

I will be leaving my cart unattended for seven months from mid-April to mid-November in hot Florida. I could arrange to have someone plug in the charger every month but it would be much easier if I was able to just leave the charger plugged in and have it come on automatically whenever the voltage dropped. Will my Power Wise charger model # 28115 G04 do this?
wyldewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Automatic Battery charger

No, a Powerwise will not cycle that way. It would be better if a friend came by once a month, checked the water levels, drove the cart for 15 minutes, and then put it on the charger. This would be the ideal storage solution.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have to leave it for a long time, there are a couple of other ways you could keep the charge and save the batteries.

#1. Put a wall socket timer on the charger. Set it to be on for 23 hours and off for 1 hour. This will act as if you had just plugged in the charger once a day. The downfall is that you have a full charge starting on a fully charged pack each day and water will eventually boil off. But you could have the friend come and check the water levels once a month and be good to go!!

#2. Remove enough cables to isolate the batteries to sets of 12v pairs, then buy 3 battery maintainer chargers and hook them up to the separate sets of batteries. If you have 48v, then 2 24v maintainers could be found at a farm or semi tractor supply store. It would still be nice to have the friend come over and check the water levels.

#3. Sell your batteries and buy new ones when you return...

#4. Take your chances and just unhook the batteries and cross your fingers
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to bgw
Use an onboard charger / maintainer. I have such a unit from onboard solutions which will float charge your 36v pack for 6 months while you are away. Should power go out and come back on it will recharge and maintain the 100% charge from that point. Click the link in my signature and choose chargers .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
#1. Put a wall socket timer on the charger. Set it to be on for 23 hours and off for 1 hour. This will act as if you had just plugged in the charger once a day....
This technique will not work on an OEM Powerwise Charger. Those chargers will not re-engage unless the cart charge plug is removed and reinserted.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO