lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
stewy 1
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying First Cart

Looking for a golf cart for the family for chirstmas. Just join the board and looks like a good site for info. I know it's prefence but which cart would be best to start with? Have looked at cc, and ezgo at local cart shop also looked on craigslist. I would like to get one with lift,wheels,backseat. If looking to mod a little later 48 or 36 volt also would like to have 2006 or up model from what I've seen on lot. The man at the cart shop sold both but said ezgo was cheaper to work on. Looks like from 3900 to 5900 at what I looked at. Any thoughts. Also suggested a gas cart, had an 09 with kaws. 13 hp 4900 no lift or wheels
Thanks
stewy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Buying First Cart

And the hunt begins
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy 1 View Post
Looking for a golf cart for the family for chirstmas. Looks like from 3900 to 5900 at what I looked at. Any thoughts. Also suggested a gas cart, had an 09 with kaws. 13 hp 4900 no lift or wheels
Thanks
If not in a hurry, you should be able to find a NICE used cart for <$3000 . . . just my opinion . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

I agree if you look around ,you can find some decent deals . awhile back found three 04 stock cc with gas engines for 1800 ,but the guy said make me an offer ,if it's reasonable i'll take it. also depends on where you are located. good luck with the search
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

for that kind of money you should be able to find a fairly new cart already done with most of the mods................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
stewy 1
Not Yet Wild

I found an 07 presedent that had about everything on it but the battery's were 07 also and he wnted 3100 for it.
stewy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
for that kind of money you should be able to find a fairly new cart already done with most of the mods................................
I agree. I paid 2K for mine without any upgrades and new batteries. $1,800 in upgrades and I have about what you are looking for "Not for Sale".
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Jeeperman
Not Yet Wild

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for 6 months and I'm ready to pull the trigger. Found a stock 04' CC for $2200 and 2yr old batteries, however I also found a stock 08.5' CC w/ 4yr old batteries for $2200. Which direction should I go? Is there a site that states specifically what changes where made through the years?
Jeeperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
Bigt7769
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I was in the same boat as well till about a month ago I found a stock 01 fleet style ezgo txt for 100 bucks with bad batteries then foun a battery warehouse and just bought 6 t105 refurb for 250 ... Now I'm lost on which way to go on the lift mods... But for u if you just have a little patience you can find great deals from people dumping modded carts for around 3Grand all day
Good luck
Bigt7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for 6 months and I'm ready to pull the trigger. Found a stock 04' CC for $2200 and 2yr old batteries, however I also found a stock 08.5' CC w/ 4yr old batteries for $2200. Which direction should I go? Is there a site that states specifically what changes where made through the years?
I'm not an expert but from reading here I think most would say go with the 08.5 with the 6-8V batteries. I "think" the 04 has the 4-12V batteries. From researching here and other places the 6-8V battery set up is better plus battery life is much longer with longer run time.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car