lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Grip It n Rip It
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Steering Wheel Help

Hello out there. I own a 2001 electric E-Z-GO golf cart and the steering wheel is on crooked. The allignment is fine I just need to turn the wheel to the right to make it straight. Can someone please help explain to me in as simple terms as possible how I loosen or detatch the wheel so I can get it on straight? I'm not real good with this stuff and could use all the help I can get so I don't mess something up

Thanks in advance!!
Grip It n Rip It is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Steering Wheel Help

Welcome to the forum Grip It n Rip It.....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Grip It n Rip It
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the welcome Rusty!!

27 views to this point and no help? Does anyone out there know how to do this? It seemed like a simple question but maybe I'm dealing with something more complicated than I thought?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Your steering wheel must be a very unusual one, as you explained it. Actually, if it's an original steering wheel, one cannot get it on crooked. About the only way to get it crooked is to turn the cart over on it and that will bend the steering wheel before it will bend the steering shaft. Thats not to say that the shaft cannot be bent either.

Why do I say this? Because the steering wheel is held on with one single large nut and the wheel has splines that mate up to the splines on the shaft.

Take a picture and show us more specifically and I'm sure someone can help.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
Grip It n Rip It
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Rusty, I got it figured out. I found the maintenence manual online and printed the section on allignment and fixing the steering wheel.

What happend is I bought a nicer steering wheel from the place I got the cart. When the guy came out to put it on, he put it on "off center". So when I was driving the cart and going straight, the steering wheel was turned to the left. If I put the wheel straight the cart went right. I disconnected the wheel shaft from the front wheels, centered the steering wheel, and then reconnected it and whala!! I now have a centered steering wheel while I'm driving down the street (although it did take a couple of tries since I over corrected the problem the first time )

I went back and re-read my original post and realize I should have used the words "off-center" and not crooked.

Thanks again for the responses.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO