lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ GO GTX 800 value

My neighbor has one of these he was using for commercial greenhouses. It's been sitting for about a year and he wants to sell it but he wants me to make an offer on it. Being new to this I have no idea what its value is. It's a 1991.
I got it running and mechanically, it seems to be in pretty good shape. The short list of parts it needs is an intake hose, 1 wheel, two tires, lug nuts and bolts for one front hub, drive belt. It looks like there might be a problem with the govenor as the shaft that goes into the diff seems to have a lot of wiggle in it

It needs a new seat bottom and back. The original isn't salvageable.
Also the dump bed is pretty rusty in several spots and Will need to be patched. The rest of the body looks pretty good but will need some patching here and there as well.
For me, working on this will be no problem, I have the skill. It will be the cost of parts etc. that will determine the value and whether it's worth restoring. My GF and I will be using it for when we go to various road racing tracks...

What do you guys think? I can provide pics if it will help...
sockethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO GTX 800 value

Anyone?

All I need is a ball park figure... there doesn't seem to be much out there on this particular model
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I gave the guy $300 for it... that seemed to be fair from what I could tell here and other sites. Compression was 100 psi. Mechanically, it seems to be in pretty good shape and nothing has been butchered on it. I got new seat vinyl with it that the guy never got around to putting on.

Now it's time to start restoring and painting

Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

For $300 looks like you got a great deal. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
For $300 looks like you got a great deal. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Thanks, I want to get rid of the diamond plate cowl and putting a plastic Marathon on there with lights... just gotta figue out what will work.
The bed is pretty much rusted out so I think I'll rebuild it using aluminum diamond plate instead... My GF is picking out wheels and tires for it... she likes to get dirty too
Old 07-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Wish I had my old plastic cowl. I'd ship it off and trade ya for that diamond plate.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Wish I had my old plastic cowl. I'd ship it off and trade ya for that diamond plate.
hah I didn't think anyone would interested in that... hmmm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO