lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Machine249
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear diff. fluid

I have a 2002 ezgo workhorse st sport. When I got it, about 4 years ago, I changed all the fluids including the rear diff. oil and replaced it with 75/90 gear oil. I recently found out that the rear has limited slip clutches. My question is should I have added a limited slip additive? If so, did I ruin the clutches by not adding it? I'm getting tired of doing the one wheel wonder around the yard tearing up the grass, mostly in reverse. Apart from adding the additive if needed, is there something else I can do to reduce the wheel spin? It's always on the passenger side, so I don't know if it's my fat a$$ that's causing it. Thanks for any info in advance.
Machine249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear diff. fluid

Well your suppose to use like 30wt motor oil in the rear axle, there are no "clutches" in the axle. Clutch is on shaft outside of the axle. Wheel spin is probably due to less weight on that tire in a turn
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Machine249
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rear diff. fluid

Hey thanks for the info. I thought the limited slip rears had clutches in them to help "move" power from one wheel to the other. I am thinking of Ford pickups which use an additive in the rear for the clutches. I guess that's not the way these are. Thanks for the correction. I guess I just need to slide my a$$ over to the center. Thanks again.
Machine249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO