lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
pender hathaway
Not Yet Wild

Default I.D. tag missing

hello i am new to the site and have just purchased a txt series cart. i guess there has been a new body installed and the I.D. tag is missing. is there another way to find the year? i found a tag on the wiring by the f/r switch that stated inspected in 05. thanks for the help
pender hathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There are a few tell signs for these carts on approx year...for instance the type of steering it has...another way to get an approx is to take the motor cover off and look at the date on the motor, assuming its stock that is....
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I.D. tag missing

Open the seat and flip up the motor cover and there should be a sticker on the frame rail, if not check for a sticker under the cart on the drivers side frame rail.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
rib33024

Welcome to BGW, look here and it will help you find the year, and the ser #

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
pender hathaway
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info,found it is a 2005 and the body is original. Found the serial# under charge plug.There has been a lift kit installed and it has the all terrain tires on the 8" rims with new batteries. My next question is the best way to get a little more speed?
pender hathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With a series wound motor, there are three way to increase speed.
1. Change final drive ratio.
2. Increase battery pack voltage.
3. Replace stock motor with high speed motor.

Since your cart is lifted, it may already have taller tires on it, which changes final drive ratio. Stock height is 18".
Another way of changing final drive ratio is installing different gears in differential. Stock gears are 12.44:1.
When upping the speed by changing the final drive ratio, you lower the torque, so you'll need to upgrade the controller to a higher amp one and upgrade the cables, solenoid and F/R switch to handle the increase in Amps.

In fact, you will also need to upgrade the controller, solenoid, cables and F/R switch if you increase battery pack voltage or change the motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO