lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #21
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: KAWASAKI ZX6R in a CLUB CAR CARRY ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Man, I used to be a FE fanatic, still have a few parts laying around but got rid of most all of my FE engines, last one was a 428PI. Now My fastest is a Winsor 351 stroked to 408. The Bird is really nice!! Here's a pic of the 408 (Camaro's a customer car getting Chassis Eng rear suspension).
You just can't hardly beat those little Windsors for plain old reliability. I imagine you see some pretty crazy "R's" with yours. And you guys are getting some big inches out of em too. If I was still in "go fast" mode, I'd no doubt be running a Windsor my self.
I've only had a couple FE's over the years. Nothing very outrageous. The Cleveland's (IMO) were the best looking engine Ford/I've ever built, but my favorite is the 385 stuff. I've got a 500" stroker in my Mach and little brother has/had a 510" in his.
By the way, when 9.0's aren't quick enough for your street car what do you do? Well you build a John Kaase 600 inch BOSS NINE! That's little bro's current project. GOD I LOVE FORDS!!
tbirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #22
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Were all insane Ford or Chevy or Mopar. Yamaha or Club Car or Ezgo. If it has an engine..........build it. Glad to see you got it to fire Don't forget to mark all wiring when the teardown starts for engine mounting, I messed up on 1 wire and it cost me a good used ECU. I know Rifter wouldn't have made that mistake, but after 3+ years on the build, I forgot. Keep up the GREAT work!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #23
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Were all insane Ford or Chevy or Mopar. Yamaha or Club Car or Ezgo. If it has an engine..........build it. Glad to see you got it to fire Don't forget to mark all wiring when the teardown starts for engine mounting, I messed up on 1 wire and it cost me a good used ECU. I know Rifter wouldn't have made that mistake, but after 3+ years on the build, I forgot. Keep up the GREAT work!
I actually lay awake at nights sometimes all worried about how to detail the wiring harness and what I can cut and what I cant. That's why it was such a MAJOR deal to me when it started on the floor! I did take your advice and I marked and labeled every single connection on that harness.
What did you do to roast the ECU???
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #24
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I cut all the wires that run to the computer and all the hand controls, bought a bunch of wiring that matched the colors, went to work on mounting everything on the dash of my Yamaha. I used the butt connectors that has the soft lead that melts with a heat gun and built in shrink but I added an extra shrink on each connection longer than the butt splice just in case. Don't let it intimidate you, some things from the Bike you can just tape up out of the way. One thing I did was to use the kick stand saftey switch as a Anti-Thieft device, mount the switch in a hidy spot, soon as it's put in gear the engine dies.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #25
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
I cut all the wires that run to the computer and all the hand controls, bought a bunch of wiring that matched the colors, went to work on mounting everything on the dash of my Yamaha. I used the butt connectors that has the soft lead that melts with a heat gun and built in shrink but I added an extra shrink on each connection longer than the butt splice just in case. Don't let it intimidate you, some things from the Bike you can just tape up out of the way. One thing I did was to use the kick stand saftey switch as a Anti-Thieft device, mount the switch in a hidy spot, soon as it's put in gear the engine dies.
rifter,
You can't see it in the "fire up" video, but would you believe me if I told you I've already mounted my kickstand switch on the engine under my airbox?
I'm with you, if some scumbag steals something from me and was lucky enough for me not to catch him, I'm at least gonna make him work his A$$ off to use it.
Where did you find your wire at? And do they sell small quantities? I can't find anything with color tracers without buying miles of it? I'm leaving my ECM back bt the engine, but I'm moving the Spedo unit up into my dash. The Spedo has 16 different leads to it and that's a lot of spools of wire. I'll only need about 8 feet of each.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #26
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Yea the color coded wires are sometimes hard to find, Radio Shack, a local Stereo install shop and a Electrical supply here in town I was able to find them all.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #27
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Yea the color coded wires are sometimes hard to find, Radio Shack, a local Stereo install shop and a Electrical supply here in town I was able to find them all.
Oh no kidding? I never would have looked at any of those places. I normally get my wiring supplies from Del City, but they don't have tracer colors.
I'll check those places out.
Thanks a ton!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #28
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirder View Post
I actually lay awake at nights sometimes all worried about how to detail the wiring harness and what I can cut and what I cant. That's why it was such a MAJOR deal to me when it started on the floor! I did take your advice and I marked and labeled every single connection on that harness.
What did you do to roast the ECU???
You wake up in the middle of the night thinking of this ch!t...so do I and I;m shure others too. I hooked up the battery backwards, but I found a used ECU for 100.00 on fleabay Keep the great work on your build alive
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #29
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

[QUOTE=smallblock450sl;1005970]You wake up in the middle of the night thinking of this ch!t...so do I and I;m shure others too. I hooked up the battery backwards, but I found a used ECU for 100.00 on fleabay Keep the great work on your build alive[/QUO

OK, not to poke fun here, but I feel a whole lot better knowing that's what you did.
I'm out here right now just "slingin major sweat" on this thing. I'll have more to share later on this weekend.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #30
tbirder
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well now that the engine out of the bike and I know it runs, it's time to pull the stock engine out of the Carry All, and do a little re working of the sub frame area. Here's a list if a few things I needed to do.

#1 Set up a pulley system so the emergency brake works.
#2 Move the emergency brake cable mounts outward to clear the engine.
#3 Make a new wider emergency cable pull bar.
#4 Move master cylinder over to clear engine.
#5 Extend the shaft from the brake pedal to line up with new master cylinder location.
#6 Cut out center of cross member and brace the ends.
#7 Run all new brake lines.
HERE'S THE STOCK MASTER CYLINDER LOCATION. YOU CAN ALSO SEE STOCK EMERGENCY BRAKE PULL AND CABLE LOCATION.

THE NEW WIDER E-BRAKE CABLE PULL. TOOK THE STOCK ONE, CUT IT IN HALF AND WELDED IT TO A PIECE OF TUBING.

HERE'S THE FINISHED JOB. MOVED THE MASTER CYLINDER OVER, E-BRAKE LINES, SET UP E-BRAKE HANDLE AND CUT OUT A SECTION OF THE CROSS MEMBER.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps