lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
joshjennings
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Gas Yamaha has trouble starting

I have recently purchased a 1995 Yamaha G14. It is very difficult to get started. When trying to start the choke must be pulled out and I have to repeatedly press the gas pedal and let off, and usually only pressing pedal less than half way to get it to start. Sometimes when I press the pedal the engine won't even turn over. Once it does start It will not run if I press the pedal completely down, it cuts out and I have to go thru the starting process again. Once the enging is warmed up it runs good other than backfiring every time I stop. I have replaced the throttle cable and believe I have it adjusted correctly so the throttle is closed before the ''click'' when pressing the pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting theese problems.
Thank you.
Also I have replaced the spark plug. Cart was out in weather for several months before I purchased it.
joshjennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Yamaha has trouble starting

Sounds like a couple of problems. First clean the battery terminals really good. Sounds like your not getting a good connection. The second part, at first thought was the throttle cable not opening and closing all the way, but it sounds like you elliminated that. I would check for an air leak: air box or spacer between carb and intake. The air box has to be completely sealed. If the little rubber tabs are broken on top of the air box, take a tie down strap and run it over the top and strap it down.

And welcome to BGW!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
joshjennings
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Yamaha has trouble starting

Thank you, I will try that today.
joshjennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha