lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #11
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Digital Volt Meters, SoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip79 View Post
Just ordered the scotty b's digital meter, noticed site had the analog meter I have but haven't installed? The red wire on buzzer under dash is hot in both run/tow, would it be advisable to just piggy back off it for meter +.
I disconnected my annoying buzzer and used the wires for my DVM. On my PDS it is only powered in reverse and in run mode. It will not work when the switch is in the tow position. Wiring it into the key switch is a much better method. For example, I cannot monitor my voltage under load without people thinking I am absolutely bonkers driving around the neighborhood in reverse! The reverse buzzer install was just a quick and dirty. I need to revisit and wire to the switch.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

For the most accurate voltage readings, wire it directly to the battery pack.

In a PDS cart, the keyswitch voltage comes from the controller and gets to the controller via the Run//Tow switch, so it is something other than true battery pack voltage.

In a DCS cart, the voltage goes through the reed switch, Run/Tow switch and the direction selector switch before it gets to the keyswitch.

In a series cart, the voltage goes through the reed switch and MS2 on the F/R assembly before it gets to the keyswitch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And every switch mentioned above has spade connectors that can get dirty/corroded, in addition to the internal contacts. All have the potential for dropping the voltage, which is conservative, but I like to know exactly what I have.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO