lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
Forker45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ-GO + Yamaha Warrior 350

First post here at BGW, so here's a little background on this project. I visited a large local tractor show last year with the family and a cart would have made it much more enjoyable. Shortly afterward I had the idea to use my old quad as a base for a garage built side by side. I did some searching, started lurking around here and planning the swap. I picked up the EZ-Go TXT roller from a good friend of mine.

I have all the parts together and started work on the cart a few weeks back.

The 1x2 side rails were in bad shape so I replaced them.

I will be using an 11" rack & pinion so I cut out all the bracing and mounting for the ez-go rack. This opens up space for the tubing I'll weld in for mounting the front suspension and a mount for the steering column. Also removed the front and rear suspension. When I have access I will make a post in the for sale section if anyone local to central florida is interested in anything I pulled off it.

Based on the height of the engine and the seat this is about where I'm figuring the ride height will be.

On the quad I have cleaned the carb, upgraded the clutch, and modded the clutch cover for a oil cooler circuit. The next step now is to cut the quad and get the engine and swing arm set up in the cart frame.

I will update this post as I progress. Thanks for reading!
Forker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
TSL
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO + Yamaha Warrior 350

Cool project. I'm in the middle of doing the same thing to a TXT, but with a Polaris Scrambler.
TSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
BeerBudget212
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like a cool build.
BeerBudget212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I like this build already! Subscribed!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

So, is the warrior chain drive? This is the biggest hurdle. Man, that'll be high!! I'll be watching!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
Forker45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
So, is the warrior chain drive? This is the biggest hurdle. Man, that'll be high!! I'll be watching!
Yes the warrior is a chain drive swingarm rear suspension. I will be sectioning the quad and fabbing in the engine and swingarm similar to how several BGW members have done atv conversions based on sport quads. I think this will actually be pretty straightforward since it's the fab equivalent of a cut and paste.

That height in the pic is a rough guess based on where the top of the engine is now and clearance under the seat. I can adjust the height using the spanner nut on the rear coilover (which also changes the preload) and may end up changing the spring depending how it rides and handles a load at ride height. I will probably also end up adding a Gabriel air shock in the rear to adjust for rear passengers and trailer loads.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

I love the ride of my quad-sport front suspension. Only thing i fubared is the width. my first quad front end i built i built my own A-arms. The second one on the ezgo 350 conversion i split the front and widened 11",....it's about 2" too much. I also see alot of builds that you will have to replace the front quad shocks because they can't handle the added weight of the cart. I fabed up a lift kit for the front of mine, moving the top pivot point out and down. This increases the compression ratio of your shocks. One other thing I learned on my first build is i lifted mine to high, added 6". Made it very top heavy. My second build is just got a moderate lift to clear the tires. I figure when i do about 100 of these builds i will have it down-pat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift.JPG (109.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0397.jpg (113.7 KB, 0 views)
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Can't wait to follow along!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Forker45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unforgiven, I looked through your thread on the atv front end swap and it's been helpful with figuring out what I will do. I will be splitting and widening the front frame about 4" to run the 11" rack as well. This will put the rack ends in the right spot for minimal bumpsteer.

I have considered the fact I'll prob need to replace the springs or upgrade to different shocks. I'll have to figure that out once it's all together.

The quad already has wide arms and axle and sits at 50" wide so it'll be about 54" with the modded front end. I'll add some Tusk wider axle hubs to even out the rear.

Thanks for the tips and interest. This should be a fun cart once it's done.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #10
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

a search on your specs of the warrior it has reverse, thats a plus.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps