lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #131
Wagnerwerks
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO + Yamaha Warrior 350

I'd just like to see you ripping on it. I ride a built warrior and have a bb swap txt so this was a great build to read! Good job!
Wagnerwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #132
vad3rw3rks
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Very well done build.

Fab work is A+ Forker!

Are most ATV swaps done with chain drive versus shaft?
vad3rw3rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:07 PM   #133
Forker45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagnerwerks View Post
I'd just like to see you ripping on it. I ride a built warrior and have a bb swap txt so this was a great build to read! Good job!
I've got a good amount of video, I just need to edit it together sometime...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad3rw3rks View Post
Very well done build.

Fab work is A+ Forker!

Are most ATV swaps done with chain drive versus shaft?
I'm not sure on chain vs shaft. I've seen quite a few guys that have done both. I did mine out of convenience since I already had the sport quad. They each have pros and cons.

The tricky part with chain drive is getting a rear spring/shock setup that can handle the extra weight. Mine is good with two passengers with the spring I swapped onto my original shock, but with rear passengers it still needs help. So I'm looking at adding an air shock with an onboard reservoir and a manual control valve. If I'm hooked up to my boat with everybody onboard it will scrub the tires on the fenders sometimes.

The nice part with chain is you can easily adjust final ratio with the right sprocket combo. I'm actually looking at going bigger again on rear to get 1st gear even lower. Some older utilities won't be able to compensate, especially if they're a manual-auto style instead of a CVT. Could be rough on parts if going to a much bigger tire than stock, like in my case.
Forker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:34 PM   #134
Forker45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've not done much riding other than neighborhood cruising and pulling my boat back and forth from the back yard. One thing that I felt needed to be addressed with the big tires was the steering effort and a lockup I get at full lock in reverse. The steering effort was a little heavy for my taste and I can't do much about the ratio of the steering rack, so the easiest way to address was adjust the mounting point of steering arm on the factory knuckle. I replaced the fasteners with some studs I made from some 40mm long 10mmx1.25 screws and some 1/2" chromoly tube spacers.

I would have preferred to just use longer socket head cap screws but the hardware store didn't have the pitch I needed, so I had to make due. I ground the flange down on 4 of the original lugnuts and used them some studs cut from the hardware store screws instead.

I'm still not 100% satisfied, but it is improved and gives a little more leverage without sacrificing too much steering angle. I originally placed the rack offset rearward with ackerman in mind, but I'm finding that when reversing and at full lock it will push the steering arm past the imaginary centerline between the rack mount point of the tie rod and knuckle pivot and lock the wheel in place. A little more spacer or relocating the rack forward should clear this up completely, but I'm just not wanting to cut up and redo the rack mount & tie rod lengths.

Original mount

New mount w/ spacers

The next item will be an air shock that I'm going to mount direct to swingarm. I have a small reservoir from an old air horn kit that I'll mount in the bagwell and run air lines from there. I'll keep you guys posted when I get to that point.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #135
Forker45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The fall fuel up tractor show is next weekend, so I'm doing a couple things on the cart that I haven't made time for yet.
When I originally trimmed the fenders I kept a little bit of the downward shape toward the back. I decided I wanted to follow the profile of the black footpads on the fender tops and cut away a little more. I think it looks a little better and also should reduce some of the scrubbing I was getting at full bump.
Rear shot laid out with painters tape.

Side showing new profile

All finished up.

As for the other items...I've got a 52 tooth rear sprocket coming that I'm going to install. This is going to require modding the skid plate and maybe even the chain guide. Plus I may have to add a few links of chain for the new bigger sprocket (currently 46 tooth).

The other item is I'm going to try making an additional spacer to go on the rear coilover to add more spring preload and bring up the rear height a bit. I'll update with pics once I finish those up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps